Travel with Personal Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always add that I bungee cord (around my head) my mouthpiece in. Figure it's a poor man's FFM. I dive solo mostly and figure it's safer in case I ever went unconscious. Haven't heard of anyone else ever doing that. Don't know if that would help in your case.

No, I haven't tried a moldable mouth piece. It was my doctor (who is also a dive master) that suggested that I transition to a FFM. He really didn't seem to like the idea of me holding things in my mouth for long periods of time. He also suggested a FFM for snorkeling too (although I really have my reservations with those after reading a lot of articles about their inability to properly flush CO2 from inside the mask). I'll talk to him about a moldable mouth piece and see what he says about those. Thanks!

maybe this comfobite combined with a swivel second stage will help dramatically. I bought a new reg with a swivel second stage and bite comfort increased dramatically

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom