Traveler Beware

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Augustus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
FYI. We were recently denied entry into Bali since our US passport did not have a blank page to put the Indo Visa on. I was aware of the usual warnings about having a passport that had at least 6 months left on it till it expires but I never ran into this before. We had to return to Singapore and have extra pages added at the US embassy. All in all a very crappy way to start a trip. So check your passport before going to Indonesia. Never had trouble like this in Latin America or Europe.

I'm sorry that happened to you but it is in the writeup info for entry. My concern at this time is that while I have a page left, my 6 month period will be reached while I'm at Raja Ampat and wondering if I'll get back into Singapore from Bali. Guess I'll have to try for new passport. Such a pain when I've little time to do it between now and then. Whereas plenty of time upon my return. (Need my passport for this long weekend and again in three weeks and then only have 3 weeks available before travelling to SE Asia. One has to give up their passport during the renewal process.

Last edited:
I'm sorry that happened to you but it is in the writeup info for entry. My concern at this time is thst while I have a page left, my 6 month period will be reached while I'm at Raja Ampat snd wondering if ill get back into Singapore. Guess I'll have to try for new passport. Such a pain when I've little time to do it between now and then. Wheras plenty of time upon my return.
New passport would be a sensible option otherwise have some US$ ready!! You are in Indonesia afterall!!

I'm sorry that happened to you but it is in the writeup info for entry. My concern at this time is thst while I have a page left, my 6 month period will be reached while I'm at Raja Ampat snd wondering if ill get back into Singapore. Guess I'll have to try for new passport. Such a pain when I've little time to do it between now and then. Wheras plenty of time upon my return.

I just ordered new passports for my sons. We paid the expedited fee on one and received it in a week. The other was received in two weeks. However, with the govt shutdown, I'd check to see if processing times are being affected.

Thanks but I'm Canadian, so shouldn't be affected by the shutdown. It's just so frustrating to have to renew now only because of a couple of days difference to the 6 month expiry. Oh well, no one should be able to claim I don't have enough pages in a brand new passport.

Thanks but I'm Canadian, so shouldn't be affected by the shutdown. It's just so frustrating to have to renew now only because of a couple of days difference to the 6 month expiry. Oh well, no one should be able to claim I don't have enough pages in a brand new passport.

My bad, what's the average wait time for a cdn passport? Mine expired 20 years ago and I've never gotten around to renewing it.

Like always many things depend on the mood of service provider, I believe you weren't very pleased, thanks for letting others know.

FYI. We were recently denied entry into Bali since our US passport did not have a blank page to put the Indo Visa on. I was aware of the usual warnings about having a passport that had at least 6 months left on it till it expires but I never ran into this before. We had to return to Singapore and have extra pages added at the US embassy. All in all a very crappy way to start a trip. So check your passport before going to Indonesia. Never had trouble like this in Latin America or Europe.

Holy cow, your passport didn't have even one empty page left?! And I thought I traveled a lot!

For those who may not be aware, some visas are huge sticker-like things, covering a whole passport page. If you only have a few pages left, it's time to get extra pages added.

However, with the govt shutdown, I'd check to see if processing times are being affected.

No passports will be processed during the shutdown. Expect serious backlogging upon the return of the Fat Cats. Rule of thumb: don't wait until a few weeks before your trip to try and get a passport. If you are eligible by some means to get dual citizenship somewhere, do it.

In Canada, regular renewal prior to actual expiry of existing passport is something like two weeks to fifteen days turn around but can pay more for expedited.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom