Traveling Californian

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
So, new to this board, and relatively new to diving in general. Have been diving while traveling on a round the world ticket and can't wait to get underwater again...seems the only thing for me above the blue are bills and gravity, neither of which are very inviting. :wink:

I've got some experience (40 dives or so) and i've got some training (up through Rescue) and want to get some more. I'm traveling off to Central america next and have heard great things about Utila Honduras, does anyone know if the divemaster training is the best way to 'maximize' my time underwater or if I should go with a live aboard? I don't have any personal equipment because it seems to big of a burden to lug around on the plane, so I've been renting.

Welcome to Scubaboard. Generally speaking you will get the MOST diving on liveaboards. Most will allow you 4-5 dives per day. Land based diving, unless there is good/easy shorediving, probably limits you to 3 dives /day. Bonaire is probably an exception...they have 24 hr fill stations, and I have read that the CoCoView in Roatain has unlimited (and worthwhile) shorediving as well.

Good luck.

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

Sounds like your having a great vacation away from California.

Don't forget to fill out your profile for future reference in threads.

Try posting your question in the Central and South America forum:

http://www.scubaboard.com/f24.html

You'll probably even find someone to dive with if needed.

Christian

Check out Laguna Beach Resort on Utila. We made at least 4 dives a day. There is a great reef right out in front of the resort. We did 3 boat dives everyday with a night dive a couple of days. They would drop us off out by the reef and we'd cruise the reef back to the resort. Great place. www.utila.com I am in no way affiliated with this resort.
Oh yeah, welcome to the board!

Joe

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

Ask anything - in the appropriate forum, and we'll make up an answer...

don

:D

Welcome aboard...enjoy your stay!

Also may want to check out the dive sites in Guanaja--just a stone's throw from Utilia...

Glad you found us! This is a great place to spend your SI, but watch out, it's addictive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom