Tried to Kill Myself but Failed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you ever thought of slinging your pony? No mistaking the wrong stage 2, when the pony one is tucked into the tank bands. ( I sling my 30cu )
Slung ponies get in the way of hunting. Better to have it out of the way.

then rig a bungee to sidemount it
Or just back mount it and be done. When attached to the tank it is one less thing to be handled or dicked around with while getting in or out of the water... don't forget your helium for below 100

Another observation; there appear to be a lot of tech divers posting in a Basic Scuba forum using tech protocols not applicable to Basic Scuba divers.

SeaRat

NW Dive Dawg does not appear to be diving basic scuba,( cold water, dry suit, etc)
Back In the 90s doria divers had doubles with a pony stuffed in the V, back mount ponies seem to have started as tech....

The thing with tech diving is,
the more stuff you bring on a dive, it has to be mounted somewhere, so it is natural for basic divers to look at how a more advanced diver does it, and why...

NW Dive Dawg does not appear to be diving basic scuba,( cold water, dry suit, etc)
Back In the 90s doria divers had doubles with a pony stuffed in the V, back mount ponies seem to have started as tech....

The thing with tech diving is,
the more stuff you bring on a dive, it has to be mounted somewhere, so it is natural for basic divers to look at how a more advanced diver does it, and why...

You consider someone diving cold water in a drysuit to not be basic scuba? Depending on where you are in the world, that’s the diving you do, regardless of your experience level. The US Pacific coast, US Great Lakes region, US NE, Canada, the UK, and Northern Europe all have cold water. Many of us did our OW class in a drysuit or started drysuit diving soon after. I did my OW/drysuit class at the same time.

Huh???
Never heard of such a thing, please explain.
GUE and other one way only divers adhere to trimix for anything deeper than 100. He's clearly incapable of accepting the use of a back mounted pony being the best option here so likely falls into that ignorant/arrogant crowd.

You consider someone diving cold water in a drysuit to not be basic scuba? Depending on where you are in the world, that’s the diving you do, regardless of your experience level. The US Pacific coast, US Great Lakes region, US NE, Canada, the UK, and Northern Europe all have cold water. Many of us did our OW class in a drysuit or started drysuit diving soon after. I did my OW/drysuit class at the same time.
Yes and no. I did say etc,
For us colder water people, we tend to drag alot more stuff with us, which general masses southern diving don't worry about,

( thick gloves, heated suits, lights, lots of weight for dry or wet suit, cutting tools, lift bags and spool, pony bottles, even scooters etc)
All adds complexity.

And as soon as you start thinking, a second bottle would be a good idea, you are starting enter techish diving, (not full tech whatever that means)

NW Dive Dawg seems to have his own boat and the responsibilities that diving from your on boat entails,
a strobe on this anchor,
I'll bet he can find wrecks as well,
he's is past a basic diver

There is a reason why if your certified from a colder area people know generally you will be a better diver.

Back
Top Bottom