Triple-L BC's and Products in general

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

startag

Registered
Reaction score
I was reading someone's post about buying Triple-L Exposure suits and that their prices are really cheap so i took a look seeing as I had nothing better to do. I've never heard of this Company and I know nothing about it really other than what I saw on the web-site. Obviously I was pretty shocked when I saw the features on some of these BC's and the corresponding prices. It really seems too good to be true for someone like myself who's looking to replace my BC but ive got a shallow wallet right now.

Now I know what you're all thinking - saving a buck isn't worth risking your life - and i agree whole-heartedly. But these guys are talking about sponsoring Nuno Gomes and his crew on a record breaking deep dive attempt later this year. If someone is gonna trust their life with this kind of equipment then it seems to me one of two things 1) the stuff must be worth a look at or 2) he doesn't enjoy living as much as I do.

Basically what I'm getting at here as I ramble on is: Has anyone heard of the stuff? tried it? know someone who's tried it? and how does it compare to other stuff on the market?

Here's the site
http://www.triple-l.biz/

The record attempt part is worth a look as well as the products and the prices...

I just got one of their wetsuits and it seems really nice! Personally, I don't know if I'd purchase a BC from them(this a completely unfounded claim...the quality that I've seen so far is really great..I'm just leary about life support type stuff...I think I'd have to see it or try it first hand. But, that's just me[I bought almost all my gear from LP, so it's not like I'm against internet purchasing and that whole thing]). Anyway, it's nice, and they do back their stuff up with some decent warranty/return policies. Check out the review they list on their site(store.triple-l.biz)...also if you go to www.northwestdiver.com and find the equipment reviews, the have a dive bag and BC review. I think Rodale's even has a review of one of their BC's...even though it's not at all in depth. Anyway, hope this helps!
Ben

hmmmm I really was thinking of buying one as well from triple L, the orion to be exact. I think they are the sub contractors for Posiedon, and I hear they have pretty damn good BC"s. As the warranty is great, and there is a guarentee for 30 days if you like it, keep it, dont, send it back for full refund. How can you go wrong? Even if there was a BC problem, I dont think it would be life threatening like a regulator problem. Call me crazy.........but I think I maybe might take the plunge into one of these Triple L's. So yeah, people need to respond and tell us what they think. The prices are absolutly unbelieveable.........

Chris

I too was very skeptical, the I personally tried on three different models in a shop near me, and I was really impressed with all of them. In the shop, they sell for what you'd expect any other high quality BC to go for. I can't explain the prices on the web store, but the BC's are great in person. I am buying one for my daughter because I know I can get it serviced locally, and when/if I ever replace my Balance, it will probably be with a triple-l. If you don't like it, they have a pretty liberal return policy.

well I went for it, and took a leap of faith in Triple L, I figured for $150 total, you cant beat that with a stick. After all, it has a 2 year factory warranty, so if all goes well, maybe in a couple weeks or so I should be doing some diving on my own.......no depending on the LDS, except for air.....

I will report to you guys ASAP when I get the Triple L Orion BCD..... I am finally gonna figure this mystery out.

Chris

CF, I'll be awaiting that report with great interes. Time to buy a BC for my daughter. Give it a good hard test and keep an open mind.

Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to hearing how you like it and how it compares to other stuff you've had

startag:
Basically what I'm getting at here as I ramble on is: Has anyone heard of the stuff? tried it? know someone who's tried it? and how does it compare to other stuff on the market?

Here's the site
http://www.triple-l.biz/

The record attempt part is worth a look as well as the products and the prices...

Here is a review of the Orion BC, from an Australian site: http://www.diveoz.com.au/gear_reviews/display_review.asp?rid=14

Note that the same reviewer loved the Mares Dragonfly.

HTH

Hmmmmm what can I say about the Triple L orion that really hasn't been said. What a value! From what I have seen on it thus far, it seems to be a higly reliable piece of gear. WHen I got it the wing was not connected to the harness, and I know why they do this, it really is sort of a pain in the but to do. Its like the old threading the needle..... First you must put the shoulder harnesses through the wings holders, then thread the straps on the back....there is not alot of extra length in these straps at the ends where they attach the other side of the wings to really keep the wing secure......Dont know about that, but we will see next sunday.
Otherwise, this harness seems excellent. Excellent adjustability. Can go either way, just un-doing some velcro. The intergrated weights is one of the 2 and only issues I have. There is only one spot where it is velcroed to the waist band.....The is no internal velcro......Pictures to come possibly. It just has velcro where the quick release handle come down over the weight pockets. The wing seems very well constructed. There is an internal bladder in it, and the inflator seems top notch. Very smooth operation.
Some more positives: 2 tank straps, to make sure its doubly secure, and a nice little front cumberbun pocket.

Once I finally get this BCD wet, I will give everybody an update, so far so good. If it was to get stolen.........I would definetly buy the same one...........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom