Tropic Hood -- good solution for tangled hair/cold or uncool?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My girlfriend wears a 5mm hooded vest (with two holes) under her 3/2mm wetsuit... and this is in the tropics. She also has long beautiful hair. Like Catherine, she puts conditioner in her hair before she suits up. For me, I use a beanie. Who cares what you look like as long as your comfortable.

Dave (aka "Squirt")

You might also want to try the dee-rags.com. THey are made by a SB member. I just bought a couple and they work great.

I like my Dee-rag. See my profile pic. The thing actually stays on.

I just took a trip to Moalboal and saw lots of women wearing hooded vests. As soon as I got back I told a friend of mine she should get one, for the reasons you mentioned. So far we haven't been able to find one that's small enough though. It seems like a perfect solution for warming a person up and keeping the hair under control.

I just returned from "Coz". There were individuals in hoods my spouse wished she was. I say go for it.

I use an old fashioned lycra swim cap. Works for me...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom