TRUK and YAP in March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TCDiver1:
Yes or even a 5 mil if you'll be diving a lot each day.

Doing 4-5 dives a day in Palau/Truk i got cold by the third or fourth dive in my three mil and bought a 3 mil hooded vest to use later in the day. And i don't get cold easily. Hooded vests are the bee's knees for staying warm.

If your only doing a couple dives a day the three mil should work just fine by itself unless you get cold easy.

Wow, I would have been caught up that famous creek if I had just brought my 1 mil. I'll take the 1 mil out of my bag, to conserve some weight, but still take teh skin wich I use under my 3 mil for easier doning. Damn, I'll have to go back and thank that guy for the 3 mil advice. Since I will be diving 2 weeks it NOW seems obvious. duhhh.

Maybe I'll buy a core warmer? Thanks TC diver.

we wear aeroskins and dont get cold. before he bought his aeroskin, hubby use to wear a 3mm

if diving at Manta Bay hotel/Yap Divers - you do 2 dives then come back in so you can dry off/chill ect and then a 3rd or 4th dive and i didnt get cold

unless youre a local like Mr Veitch (ya big girl mikey :wink: ), i think a 5mm is too warm

cheers

I'm not prone to get cold - think I'm average, so the 3 mil will work fine. I'l try my Henderson hotskin the first dive or two and get a feel for the water. I think at the end of the week I'll be glad I have the 3 mil.

almitywife:
we wear aeroskins and dont get cold. before he bought his aeroskin, hubby use to wear a 3mm

if diving at Manta Bay hotel/Yap Divers - you do 2 dives then come back in so you can dry off/chill ect and then a 3rd or 4th dive and i didnt get cold

unless youre a local like Mr Veitch (ya big girl mikey :wink: ), i think a 5mm is too warm

cheers

Brought the 3 mil but never needed it. Was diving with a skin and 1 mil, then 1 mil with beanie. Water temp was 83* on Truk and 80*, 81* here on Yap. Also, brought my binoculars and was able to see some great views of other islands and the shore across the way. Thanks for the good adivce in this thread. It was helpful.

almitywife:
best advice i can give you right now is to give Mikey a bit wet kiss from theo :wink: :D

enjoy!!

Uh, he's not THAT nice. :). I'll tell him that though, if I see him later.

Two boats, with about 18 divers total, had to return to the resort dock this morning because they had bad air. Wow, two divers complained about that yesterday. :( I was lucky and had good fills and the right precents. on all my dives

Its the betel nut....

Mr Pilot Fish tried to give me that kiss...

I had to fight him off :wink:

Mike Veitch:
Its the betel nut....

are you spitting betel nut juice into the air filter of the compressor again...:11: didn't the owner warn you about not doing that again...:no

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom