TRUK and YAP in March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Veitch:
The cost is as you mentioned i believe. Continental is the airline servicing Yap, that is their schedule i mentioned in the previous post.

Have a look at Continental.com for a better idea by simply punching in the locations

Since that flight would be direct, island to island, I thought it might be more reasonable? Will check it out on that site as you suggest, Mike. It does not sound cost effective though, since I have to pay an extra fee to change my original return ticket on top of cost of flight.

Mike, do you know anythng about diving in Guam, dive op and hotel? Thanks

Guam. for a few days we stayed at Ohana bayview and MDA was very welcoming and has a good rep here on the boards

rent a car as it was quite a distance from the Ohana to MDA so you might find something closer (and cheaper) if you planning on staying longer

almitywife:
Guam. for a few days we stayed at Ohana bayview and MDA was very welcoming and has a good rep here on the boards

rent a car as it was quite a distance from the Ohana to MDA so you might find something closer (and cheaper) if you planning on staying longer

Thanks for the suggestions. I was looking at the Marriott in Guam and wondering if I could find a Dive Op close by? I won't make any decisions till I finish in Yap so I have time. Since I'm already flying into Guam I was wondering if it was a nice place to visit and had good diving: reefs and wrecks?

http://ohanahotels.com/hotels_detail.aspx?hotel=52

http://www.mdaguam.com/ can give you alot of info

oh - forgot to mention they also do travel arrangments so check them out also and they should be able to suggest a hotel nearby possibly

from their site
"We have over 60 sites around the island and Guam has over 200 species of coral and an abundance of marine life at most locations. We also have a very good variety of beach diving sites most with very easy entries and exits."

That seems to be the way to go, and whom to go with :) Will check them out and see what they say. Thanks for your help.

almitywife:
http://www.mdaguam.com/ can give you alot of info

oh - forgot to mention they also do travel arrangments so check them out also and they should be able to suggest a hotel nearby possibly

from their site
"We have over 60 sites around the island and Guam has over 200 species of coral and an abundance of marine life at most locations. We also have a very good variety of beach diving sites most with very easy entries and exits."

I stopped in to a Dive Shop yesterday and told them I had a 1 mil and skin packed for my Truk/Yap trip. Both people said you'd be better off taking your 3 mil, since you will be doing 2 weeks, possibly 3, of diving. Is that correct? I thought water temp was in low 80s?

pilot fish:
I stopped in to a Dive Shop yesterday and told them I had a 1 mil and skin packed for my Truk/Yap trip. Both people said you'd be better off taking your 3 mil, since you will be doing 2 weeks, possibly 3, of diving. Is that correct? I thought water temp was in low 80s?

Yes or even a 5 mil if you'll be diving a lot each day.

Doing 4-5 dives a day in Palau/Truk i got cold by the third or fourth dive in my three mil and bought a 3 mil hooded vest to use later in the day. And i don't get cold easily. Hooded vests are the bee's knees for staying warm.

If your only doing a couple dives a day the three mil should work just fine by itself unless you get cold easy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom