"Trust Me Dive" Troubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think you have to put yourself in a dangerous situation to learn....do you??
Nurseshark, this is certainly a safety oriented board - but it's not all black and white, and what we see as rules in the US are mere guidelines, suggestions in many other places - including much of the Caribbean.

I'm confident that you teach a safety oriented course, that's kinda obvious from your post, as did my 3 different Insts - but none of them cautioned me on variations taken outside the US.

Oh, I'm not supporting the story as Ok-fine, you may notice that I had a couple of polite questions right away, but there is room for give and take.

Hope you'll visit with us more often here.....

not everybody.

sometimes I think DIR divers think this just because some of us point out that it wouldn't work for US "other divers" to be restricted to a known team.

I always try and arrange DIR divers together, because thats what they like. (And when DIR divers are happy, everybody is happy :D )

I don't think you have to put yourself in a dangerous situation to learn....do you??
I honestly think it depends on the personality type. Danger tends to get my full attention and I make it a point to learn more if I know it is required for a given dive. Some people function this way..they need the little bit of adrenalin to turn their brains to optimal function.

I think the shrinks call it "motivational anxiety"...or something like that.

I am even noticing that I ride better in challenging traffic because my mind stays focused. It all depends on how much risk you require to be attentive. ADD types like myself just can't focus unless they know they better. Having reduncant everything is not good for me....Rock bottom has to really BE rock bottom. Rock Bottom with a back-up plan just makes me rationalize staying longer.

Experience is definitely the best teacher, but maybe in smaller bites.

I'd be honored to dive with any of you. And you can give me a dope-slap if I violate the plan even one iota.

:D

glenn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom