TTW-17 for daily use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andy0918

Reaction score
I have been using the Tropical Travel Wing- 17 for several months now and very happy with it. Very streamlined and dries quickly.

I am planning to move to a tropical place soon where I can dive daily. Is it recommended to continue with the TTW-17 if I am diving several times a week? Or is it a good time to invest in the more robustly constructed Torus-17 and keep the TTW-17 for travelling? Is there a notable difference in performance/feel?

Thanks!

I have been using the Tropical Travel Wing- 17 for several months now and very happy with it. Very streamlined and dries quickly.

I am planning to move to a tropical place soon where I can dive daily. Is it recommended to continue with the TTW-17 if I am diving several times a week? Or is it a good time to invest in the more robustly constructed Torus-17 and keep the TTW-17 for travelling? Is there a notable difference in performance/feel?

Thanks!

Wings almost always are damaged via impact, i.e. dropping something on it. The TTW17 has no inner bladder and can be damaged at lower impact loads than a wing with a True Ballistic outer shell and inner 22 mil bladder.

OTOH, if you don't drop anything on your TTW17 I see no reason to change now.

The TTW17 and Torus 17 are almost the exact same shape, and I would not expect any noticeable difference in the water.

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom