Tulamben current water temp?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warmwater Wank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Heading for Bali in a week. One of the group asked about current water temps and/or dive conditions. Anyone been in the water lately? Thanx. // ww

No, but in my experince diving at Tulamben, the water there never gets below 27C year round - usually it's 28-30

OTOH if you do a day trip over to Nusa Penida and go below the thermocline, it can be much cooler - as low as 20C

The water is always warm on the East coast of Bali, all the dive sites around the tulamben area can be dived in just board shorts if necessary, although shorty 3mm wetsuits are the standard with the dive shops around there.

Who are you diving with WWW? and are you planning any other dives around Bali whilst you are here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx Tortuga & BSB. We're set on accomodations & diving, it'll be great to get back. Was just hoping for some on-site info, this person that asked me always gets cold! Last time in Dec. 09 it was board shorts and dive skin top for me--and then I felt overdressed! // ww

Mirjam you made my day. Yesterday we had a sky full of snow but by next week it will be an ocean of WARM! Thanks! :eyebrow: // ww

28 degrees today at Tulamben.

Ok, please maintain that until Monday! Thanks all. // ww

Back
Top Bottom