Tulamben help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rypark
Puri madha and Bali coral does not have website, you may need to call them, or as kathy said just go show - very unlikely you'll not get the room, though the choice may be limited. The rate that you mentioned was for their old no a/c room, a bit rustic. Their new bungallow is nice; don't know the cost; but sure much more expensive.diving.

Puri Madha's nicer bungalows have hot water/ac and are newly renovated and come with luxuries like nicer breakfast & towels I think they cost $22-$25 US the price varies with season & number of tourists. They have a nice porch which faces the ocean

The cheaper rooms are very basic, cold water, simple bed, no AC. The price ranges from $7-10 depending on season. They also have a little front porch and come with a simple breakfast.

Inexpensive lunch is easy to find at the cafe within the public scuba access park.

Wisnu: Whats wrong with TWD's villa? I got a Superior Room. I'm not sure if its in their villa.

Kathydee: thanks for your advice. I'm getting more and more excited. You actually answered one of my questions before I could ask it :)

I was going to ask if there was any muck diving near Tulamben, now I know to go to Serya Beach. Awsome! Thank you.

Rypark, TWD superior room is located in their main building - their new beach front villa (aka new wing ) is not really within walking distance to Tulamben main area. you need to rent scooter or small car / suzuki jimny.
Yes, Seraya offer great muck diving and ...mola-mola too, too bad the sight was a day before we dove there on 18 October.
Also don't underestimate the sandy area just before the wrecks - you may get some surprisse particularly during night diving. We saw mimic octopus there.
Another muck diving site is ghost bay or cafe garam at Amed, 15 minute by car from Tulamben, almost 100% guarantee you'll see ghostpipefish.

xariatay: awsome writeup and video. can't wait. departure time almose here

wisnu: cool, glad to hear i'm in the main area. thanks for the amed suggestion too.

xariatay: awsome writeup and video. can't wait. departure time almose here

wisnu: cool, glad to hear i'm in the main area. thanks for the amed suggestion too.

Thanks! Glad u like it... :D
Hope u have a wonderful time & lovely weather! Say Hi! to the ppl at TWD- esp Tony & Ketut (DM). Thanks!

Some good info in this thread. Thanks! We are in Gili T now, and headed to Tulamben tomorrow for 3 days. Sounds like the diving will certainly be better than here in the Gilis, and Tulamben will be "relaxed" (maybe this is an understatement, we'll find out).

We booked Liberty Dive Resort (Liberty Dive Resort Tulamben) so hopefully they will be OK for the diving and accommodation. I'll give a report after.

We are going via a new speed boat service which runs daily between Amed and Gili T (we paid 650,000 per person incl. speedboat Gili T to Amed and road transfer Amed to Tulamben). I'm told that this saves road time over the trip between Padang Bai and Tulamben. It is a brand-new service and the company is called AMED SEA FAST BOAT, CO. I can't find any info on the Internet on it and the only way I knew about it is because Shinta at Scallywags Resort on Gili T recommended it as the best way to get to Tulamben. We'll find out tomorrow, I guess.

Last edited:
[
Kathydee: thanks for your advice. I'm getting more and more excited. You actually answered one of my questions before I could ask it :)

I was going to ask if there was any muck diving near Tulamben, now I know to go to Serya Beach. Awsome! Thank you.

I love when that happens :)!

Also, I'll be wanting the AC so I'll stay away from the $6-$7 rooms. Thanks.

Remember, it's Bali. So if you show up when room are not filled you can always bargan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom