Turtle foot pockets--just how big are they??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ghost.Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, my Volos worked great but since they are starting to wear out, and I am planning on doing some more advanced diving (i.e. DIR-F, Cave), I am changing my way of thinking and some gear configs. One of the last things, are the fins.

Now the problem. I'm wearing a size 12 shoe, size 12 Mares Avanti bootie, size XL Volo. Tried XL Jets. As everyone knows, they are a no go. (Dont like the ballet thing too much).

Ok, problem solved (maybe). Try Turtles. I could order them being one size only and just be done with them. But, after reading the posts here and other places, I'm thinking the foot pocket may be too big. I've seen several posts about 'slop' in the pocket with the Turtles.

Now, I am diving wet right now. Yes, I do plan on eventually diving dry, but more than likely it will be without any type of 'Rock boots' from DUI or anyone else.

Now, my present train of thought is what ever diving I am doing, diving dry in a cave in FL, or diving wet while spearfishing on a rig in TX, or just playing on a reef down south, I would like to be able to use the same fins.

Anyone got any input?

I got tiny feet - 8.5. And with a size 9 rock boot, its still a bit loose, but its a no go with a Jets unless I do the LongRaven mod.

If you're sitting 'tween 9 - 10, its kinda loose Those of us with small feet are sorta hosed. If you're in the 10.5 and over Water Ski club, rock on.

Unless you're Scubaroo - he don't wanna know from Turtles...

K

my feet are not a size 12 although its close. My feet are not the same size, ones a size 11 the other a size 11.5.

Size 11.5 are too tight when i run so i get the 12, it has more room.

I am using size 12 rockboots and they fit perfectly in there.

Andy

carefull about he bigfoot jokes, you dont want my bigfoot in your as* if i bump into you on a boat to the islands :)

Actually, great URL. Glad you got it.

How many references to your straps have I made over the last 7 months...? About a zillion. I'm fired up you're bringing them back.

Geeze - another one lost to the DIY room. A prospecting, sloughing, homebrew strap making, No Cal dwelling, gaiter sporting, AI diving Regulator who's no longer chowin' a meatball sub. I dunno. You're becoming too legit to quit, man.

K

Mo2vation once bubbled...
Geeze - another one lost to the DIY room. A prospecting, sloughing, homebrew strap making, No Cal dwelling, gaiter sporting, AI diving Regulator who's no longer chowin' a meatball sub. I dunno. You're becoming too legit to quit, man.

K
I resemble that remark!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom