Info Two Hans Hass films now available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JMBL

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Brand new, a must see for anyone in diving history. Those films were just posted a few ours ago. Enjoy !

Under the Red Sea :
Under the Carribean :

Great find. Thank you for sharing.

Great find. Thank you for sharing.

Too glad to help ! By the way, that's what a forum is for.

I hope we'll get more Hans Hass films on the dedicated YT channel. About 2 years ago, a guy found a full garage of archives. It was the personal collection of a former Hass co-worker. I DO hope they'll find the money to get it all digitalised and available.

Let's keep your fingers crossed.

Thanks a lot.
Really good.
Crazy times though
And the famous 138 RB
:)

Fantastic, I followed Hans and Lotte Hass before Cousteau appeared on The BBC / ITV in the UK.

@JMBL
Thanks so much for this thread.

As well known as Dr Hass is to many of us old timers, I wonder how many people know of his work who became interested in diving after the 1970s or 80s? I think that he is even less known in North America than in Europe.

Some years ago, I had the unpleasant surprise to discover he was UTTERLY unknown in Germany and Austria among people under 45... Of course, you'll find from time to time a regular scuba diving buff who knows all about him, but still...

Sic transit gloria mundi :(

Et ça continue ! (And it goes on !)

:wink:

Now, "Under the Carribean" is available in French ! Saw it on TV more than 40 years ago as a kid, nice memories. Hope to watch it on the weekend with my Mom.

Back
Top Bottom