Two Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you go to Tulum, get a copy of "The True History of Tulum" before you go. It is not available at the ruins. Lots of stuff in it the "tour guides" don't know, or end up twisting into goofy spiels they think will gain them better tips.

Use my van guy, get the early ferry and go to Coba. The kids can climb the big pyramid. It is pretty cool.
How is he about waiting while you do things? I guess it's available, costs negotiable. We didn't climb the pyramid

. I really enjoyed it and if you go on the early ferry you beat the buses.
If you take the 5:45am ferry, arrive PDC around 6:30am, and if the driver is on time, you could stop at the Tulum grocery for supplies (styrofoam cooler, bottled water, ice), and still be at the ruins by 8:30am. We got there later, and there were several buses, but once inside - not crowded. The place is huge and the people spread out, most walking.

Essentials to take with you...
  • 2 quart vacuum bottles & and a backpack - fill and carry!
  • Mosquito repellent!
  • Colored ribbons to tie to the handlebars of your rented bikes for when you park with others to climb.
And wear good shoes. I saw people hiking thru the jungle in flip flops - shower shoes! I even saw some climbing in those, not realizing how far it is to a hospital.

We did Tulum at the end, but everyone was tires and hot, so they didn't enjoy it.
Wimps. Tulum ruins are well manicured as compared to the Coba ruins which just have clearings around each group. You can take a wooden stairway down to the beach and back. Lovely bikini wear may be spotted.

Got to see the Mayan bee and the Mayan road
Are you talking about the stingless bees Melipona beecheii and M. yucatanica, or stone carvings?

Use my van guy, get the early ferry and go to Coba. The kids can climb the big pyramid. It is pretty cool. You can hire a guide and rent the bicycles to tour it. I really enjoyed it and if you go on the early ferry you beat the buses. Grab lunch. Then catch a ceynote for a swim on the way back. It was really cool. We did Tulum at the end, but everyone was tires and hot, so they didn't enjoy it. Don't get me wrong, Tulum is cool, but Coba is WAY cool. Got to see the Mayan bee and the Mayan road and all that too.
Sounds like you got the mainland tips. How is Puerto Adventures? I was looking at Tulum hotels and shocked to see so many hotels. I hope it's still pristine. ANy recommendations on hotels and dive shops in Cozumel.

WHEN?! Prices, deals, and specials vary with dates. I have simple tastes so I look for cheap deals at Suites Colonial near my favorite dive shop - which provides ground transportation to the marina, but preferences vary a lot.

As mentioned by others, Tulum properties have gone up a lot - but this fellow had a suggestion.

If I couldn't find what I wanted in Tulum, I'd find it cheaper nearby as commuting on that hiway is fast & easy. I do rent from Cancun car rental - Discover the Easy Way to rent a Car as they seem to have the best prices with full insurance and free drop if you want to leave it at a different office somewhere.

Hotels.com has some cheap deals in July for 3 star hotels in Tulum and Coz both tho.

You'd really do well to start a new thread designed to attract help from those who have stayed there recently. I haven't stayed at Fiesta Inn or anywhere in Tulum. Something like "Anyone know of good deals at Fiesta Inn? How about similar hotels in Tulum?" AND GIVE DATES
WOW, Thanks for the 411.. Now I have to figure out how to do that.

WOW, Thanks for the 411.. Now I have to figure out how to do that.
The same way you started this one. Go to the Cozumel forum here: Cozumel

Click Post new thread.
upload_2017-4-10_21-41-28.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom