UK SL4 LED w/cree R2 and LEDs for halcyon scout

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my pair of R5's, and they are AWESOME...can't wait to dive them

I have had some questions about the mini scout. here is a pic. of the kit I put together for it. Its the R2 mod with 2 3 AAA battery holders and 6 AAA batteries for $39.99. The R2 needs at least 3.7v to run so this is a good way to get 9v in place of the 3v the 2 C batteries have.

If you don't mind, where did you get the AAA battery holders?

If you don't mind, where did you get the AAA battery holders?

I got then out of the cheap LED flashlights. I do have low voltage LEDs that will work with the 2 C mini scout now R2s and Also I will have R5s in 2 weeks. So no need for the AAA battery pack.

I got then out of the cheap LED flashlights. I do have low voltage LEDs that will work with the 2 C mini scout now R2s and Also I will have R5s in 2 weeks. So no need for the AAA battery pack.

Thanks. I was thinking of using them for my SL6. I think the R2 can go to 18v, is that right? That's assuming the holders are wired in series, they could be in parallel and then I'd not be any better off.

Can you comment on the performance and reliability of the options for the 2C Scout? That is, between the 6AAA option, the low voltage LED, and a 3C Scout w/ R2?

Can you comment on the performance and reliability of the options for the 2C Scout? That is, between the 6AAA option, the low voltage LED, and a 3C Scout w/ R2?

The 2c scout with the low voltage LED will have longer battery life then the AAAs and the 3c would last longest. The LEDs will give out the same light lumens.

Thanks. I was thinking of using them for my SL6. I think the R2 can go to 18v, is that right? That's assuming the holders are wired in series, they could be in parallel and then I'd not be any better off.

I have ran then up to 21.1v 6 cr123 3.7s in a SL4. If you use the packs in a SL6 0r SL4 put a bump of solder on the negitive end of the one you have at the switch or it will get messed up. Have fun

Thanks Jim. My second order has been received. Positive feedback left.

This seller is highly recommended. Excellent product at a reasonable price with great service!

The other weekend I ordered an R5 head from Jim for one of my SL4s and left on a business trip right before going to Hawaii on vacation. The R5 head showed up right away in time to take on vacation. I put the R5 in an SL4 and compared it to my SL4 eLED. Both lights were much brighter than the stock SL4. I think the UK eLED light might have a little more blueish tint and is more focused; Jim's R5 replacement head is just as bright, probably a wider beam, and looked better underwater for lighting up shadow details on a sunny day. It's very well made. My wife, who is quite critical, grabbed the light with Jim's LED head and left me with the stock UK eLED head, which says a lot. I'm very happy with the LED head, but like anything, now I want something even brighter! Thanks for the great light option :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom