UK SL4 LED w/cree R2 and LEDs for halcyon scout

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the Light Monkey 3 C backup (I believe it is the same size as the Halcyon). I want a tighter beam and a brighter light. [user]keithdiver[/user] sent me this way. I am not sure which option is going to be best for my needs. I will be happy to send money via PayPal once I know my best choice.

I must say that when i initially got these back up upgrades, they were spectacular. However, after some time I have noticed that when i turn them on, any movement causes the light to flicker. I dont know if this is an isolated issue with me, or a problem with the lights themselves, but even the brightest light is not preferable if they are inconsistent. Anyone have any experience with this, and thus a possible solution to the problem?

I must say that when i initially got these back up upgrades, they were spectacular. However, after some time I have noticed that when i turn them on, any movement causes the light to flicker. I dont know if this is an isolated issue with me, or a problem with the lights themselves, but even the brightest light is not preferable if they are inconsistent. Anyone have any experience with this, and thus a possible solution to the problem?

If you check the back of the LED and see if it is lose(unscrewed) overtime they loosen up. I have come to crimping the with vise crips so they don't unscrew.
Also if you have a problem you should send a PM and I would fix or replace. I have sent people replacement when they have food there lights for free. If you don't tell me I can't fix it.

I have the Light Monkey 3 C backup (I believe it is the same size as the Halcyon). I want a tighter beam and a brighter light. [user]keithdiver[/user] sent me this way. I am not sure which option is going to be best for my needs. I will be happy to send money via PayPal once I know my best choice.

The light with the tightest beam is the R2 aslo has the longest threw. The R5 has a bigger beam and doesn't reach as far.
R2 is 24.99
R5 is 35.99
free shipping
If it doesn't work for the light monkey. I think it will its the same as the Salvo Rat Yes
Just send it back for a full refund
Thanks Jim
PayPal is jjblomquist@comcast.net

The light with the tightest beam is the R2 aslo has the longest threw. The R5 has a bigger beam and doesn't reach as far.
R2 is 24.99
R5 is 35.99
free shipping
If it doesn't work for the light monkey. I think it will its the same as the Salvo Rat Yes
Just send it back for a full refund
Thanks Jim
PayPal is jjblomquist@comcast.net

So the R2 and R5 are brighter than the LM 3W and 2W? I was thinking of getting a LM but maybe not now.

I got my R5 in the mail about three days ago. I was just able to test it the other day. It seems to be about the same brightness, albeit bluer tinted, above water, I will test underwater to determine how much brighter in the long run. One thing I can say, solidly built.

Was there a deal set up for Scuba Board members. I just placed an order and paid more then that plus shipping? :confused:
O
"The light with the tightest beam is the R2 aslo has the longest threw. The R5 has a bigger beam and doesn't reach as far.
R2 is 24.99
R5 is 35.99
free shipping"

Was there a deal set up for Scuba Board members. I just placed an order and paid more then that plus shipping? :confused:
O
"The light with the tightest beam is the R2 aslo has the longest threw. The R5 has a bigger beam and doesn't reach as far.
R2 is 24.99
R5 is 35.99
free shipping"

I did just send a invoice with out the shipping. The deal is send me a PM and buy direct to my PAYPAL jjblomquist@comcast.net. and they or cheaper. Ebay gets about $6 per light. If you would like I can just send you 2 lights and if you like then pay me direct for the second one. Or send then back for a refund. Thanks Jim

I did just send a invoice with out the shipping. The deal is send me a PM and buy direct to my PAYPAL jjblomquist@comcast.net. and they or cheaper. gets about $6 per light. If you would like I can just send you 2 lights and if you like then pay me direct for the second one. Or send then back for a refund. Thanks Jim

Thanks for all the information and keeping me up to date with the order. Can't wait to see how the light works. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom