UK SL4 LED w/cree R2 and LEDs for halcyon scout

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jay just sent PM for the 5 LEDs for the SL4. Thanks

Just a update
I have started to make a new LED mod its a Cree U2 1300 lumen 10w LED. It has a 2.5 hr burn time in a SL4 and 4 to 5 hrs in a SL6. This is awsome in the SL6. Cost is $45 shipped Thanks:D

Just a update
I have started to make a new LED mod its a Cree U2 1300 lumen 10w LED. It has a 2.5 hr burn time in a SL4 and 4 to 5 hrs in a SL6. This is awsome in the SL6. Cost is $45 shipped Thanks:D

What about a t6 rather than a u2? What's the color like when compared?

Yes I do have some T6 1000 lumen LED they are great Then I spoted the U2 1300 lumen LED. rated for 300 more lumen. I realy like both LEDs. There is very little diffrence between the LEDs. I have sent both LEDs out to dives from on the east coast and Florida and Australia to test. Every one has loved then. I have the price set at $45 on the LEDs. So you can put together a 1000 to 1300 lumen SL4 or SL6 for around $85. How much does a 1300 lumen can light cost ? $800 or more:D Thanks

Is the burn time the same for both new LEDs, or does the T6 last longer w/ the lower output? Also do you have the lumen output profile (i.e 1000 lumens for 15 minutes, then 500 lumens for 2:15, then 20 lumens for 20hrs). Last question is which of the U2 and T6 has the widest field? Sorry for not knowing the proper terms, thanks! Very excited to be learning about the 'new' LED technology.

I feel its getting a full burn 1300 lumen for 2hrs. then fades to 500 for another 1 hour then just keeps fading. Both LEDs seen to have the same burn times. Both LEDs seen to have the same light patern. They use the same refectors. Thanks

How does the beam pattern on the U2 compare to the beam on the R5? I have been diving 2 of your R5's for a while now (and LOVE them, by the way), but I would love to have a brighter light with a broader beam to put in my SL6 to use as a flood light. And with that much light output, I'd think that a broad beam would still be very usable...

The u2 has. Twice the size hot spot as the R5 and just a huge amount of flood light. It is a awesome light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom