Ultima Dry Glove System question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't had the struggle of evening out the gloves when I use 720s. They also seem a lot easier to load than the 660s. I can't compare the 620s, since I've never used them.

If it's dexterity you're looking for, I would recommend the nitrile 720s over any PVC glove, including the 620. A secondary advantage to nitrile is that it tends to be somewhat insulative, meaning that you might reduce your need for a glove liner... Which would dramatically improve dexterity and tactility also.

...As if those reasons weren't good enough to make the switch: The 720s are tougher, too... They are more cut, tear, and puncture resistant than 620s - despite being thinner and providing more stretch, more dexterity, and more tactile feel.

In short, nitrile is simply a better glove material than PVC... At least, for what we do. :)

Last edited:
A video I did recently about the 720s:

I think I already posted this a few pages back, but just so you don't have to go looking for it... :)

I received the NSK-24s this afternoon. The cuff is way too wide for my Diving Concepts rings, and the seam is large enough that the only way to fit the gloves onto my rings is to tuck them a couple inches inside, which defeats the purpose of getting longer gloves. Oh well, the 720s will be here Thursday. I'm hoping for better luck with them.
_DSC0955.JPG

_DSC0954.JPG

This is where the ring begins to get snug

_DSC0956.JPG

_DSC0958.JPG

Too much material left over after mounting the glove in the groove

Attachments

• _DSC0955.JPG
    _DSC0955.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 45
Okay, cool.

Sorry. :-(

The 720s will be a much better bet.

20180320_213549.jpg
20180320_213553.jpg
20180320_213503.jpg
20180320_213507.jpg
20180320_213500.jpg

Last edited:
Bottom line: I could easily put these rings anywhere on the cuff.

I don't think the seam would make any difference.

Maybe the Ultima rings aren't the same diameter as the DC rings?

Yeah, must be.

Sorry. I feel like I misled you. :-/

That's a XXL glove, too. I imagine that if I had an XL glove it might be even tighter.

Back
Top Bottom