Ultima Dry Glove System question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got a CARE package from SHOWA today!

I've been following this thread with great interest since my drysuit is currently on order along with a set of the Ultima rings. I'm starting to collect gloves to have a range to try once they show up. 720s arrived in the mail today so now I have to ask... Any models with longer fingers? Maybe another 5/8"? They're flexible and stretch along the finger, but I sure can't spread my fingers apart. The highlight line in the photo shows the back of my knuckles vs where the fingers end.

Thanks for any input.

Mark

Attachments

• MVIMG_20180327_213535.jpg
    MVIMG_20180327_213535.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 73
As far as I know, the 720s aren't cut any shorter or longer than any other SHOWA glove... And the SHOWAs tend to be a little longer and skinnier than Ansells.

In other words, I think you already HAVE the glove with the long, skinny fingers.

Is the glove fully on your hand? Can you not get your hand deeper into the glove? Your thumb doesn't appear to be all the way in the glove... Are your fingers?

Back in the water 39F . 282’s rigged up , left hand perfect again, really perfect. R hand the same as b4, hmmm, not sure of the problem yet, the acylic liner seemed only minimally damp, but my heated liner was soaked all over. Once it gets wet, the 12v starts to hurt. So I unplug everything.

I hope to be back at it next week, I’ll think about until then to come up with a solution. Hard to believe two diff new gloves leaked. The 660 on the other right hand ring didn’t leak. Maybe it’s an oring. We’ll see.

Love it! I look forward to hearing what you found as a diagnosis.

Is there any possibility that the acrylic "fuzzy" liner is making the 282s leak? You do know the 281 is the same glove with a 660-like liner, right? No fuzz.

Actually, the 660 has a cotton liner. The 281 has an acrylic liner... But both of them are relatively flat and low-pile.

No problems with the shortness of the glove?

I would consider the fuzzy liner if both leaked. But the left hand has been perfect. I think I might get some 281 samples as you mentioned.

No problem with the length at all. I’ll post up when I get the solution.

I finally got to try the 720s today. They stretch perfectly and did not leak despite diving on a rusty wreck with lots of sharp edges. I was able to reach up for the ladder after surfacing without fear of the gloves popping off. I have enough backup sets now in case I tear one but I don't think I have to worry about the gloves being too short anymore.

Awesome! Excited that we both found something that works.

I still need to test the 281s and 282s for comparison, but the 720s would be tough to beat. Better than 660s and 620s in every way.

...Which is why all of my drysuits are currently loaded with 720s. :)

EC0B7C7E-43E5-41D3-86C0-D237EA1305FB.jpeg
These may look funny in the water, but I had these 620’s in the drawer. They are of course thinner than the 660, and a little bit more comparable to the 281,282 in dexterity. I have pretty high confidence these won’t leak, and so it’s my first step in figuring out my right hand leaking. No fuzzy inside, no fancy material. Besides they are super easy to mount. Literally 3 seconds.

...So the plan is to dive these two together and see if the orange one (620) leaks?

Back
Top Bottom