Ultima Dry Glove System question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here ya go:

Showa Chemical Resistant Glove, XL, Blue, PR 720XL-10 | Zoro.com

When you're looking, just be sure they're SHOWA 720s.

Also... Go by the numerical sizing, not the letters. SHOWA does this annoying thing with their gloves - in some gloves, a size 9 is an XL, while with others a size 10 or 11 is an XL.

Measure your hand and get the right number. With the 720, you may find that the letter size is bigger than you expect if you've gotten the right numerical size.

Also, the 720s are a bit stretchy, so you can wear the glove snugger than you can with the 660s.

If in doubt, buy both sizes. The gloves are $6 to $8 a pair.

Get a medium in the 720s as well... But they will fit a bit snugger and be a lot more stretchy. It's just a different fit... One that really does wonderful things for dexterity and tactile feel.

If you plan to wear undergloves, you may want to get a set of larges as well, just in case the snugger fit causes you an issue with them.

At $6 a pair, they're easy to afford.

Woo-hoo! :)

Hey, I made a video for y'all to summarize and demonstrate the 720 on a set of Ultima Dryglove rings... Also included is a demonstration of fit of the 720 compared to the 660 (which is much more common) with and without the Fourth Element G2 and Xerotherm glove liners ("undergloves").

Hope it helps someone out. :)

Here ya go:

Showa Chemical Resistant Glove, XL, Blue, PR 720XL-10 | Zoro.com

When you're looking, just be sure they're SHOWA 720s.

Also... Go by the numerical sizing, not the letters. SHOWA does this annoying thing with their gloves - in some gloves, a size 9 is an XL, while with others a size 10 or 11 is an XL.

Measure your hand and get the right number. With the 720, you may find that the letter size is bigger than you expect if you've gotten the right numerical size.

Also, the 720s are a bit stretchy, so you can wear the glove snugger than you can with the 660s.

If in doubt, buy both sizes. The gloves are $6 to $8 a pair.

Can't find the 720s by single pairs with Prime shipping on Amazon. I'm also not going to pay shipping from the Zoro website. I'll just wait until DRIS starts carrying them and I can actually try them on. The 660s actually work for me. I also have a pair or two of the orange PVC ones.

I just sent Chris from DRIS an email and asked when he was going to carry the 720s in stock. I'll let you know what his reply is.

That said, if you want to stick to the 660s and 620s, feel free. I'm not affiliated with SHOWA, and I don't own a dive shop... Doesn't matter to me what dryglove you wear.

I just was giving credit where credit was due. We've all enjoyed the discussion, I think, and my diving has benefitted tremendously... And since I do it every day - even in the winter, in drygloves - that's a really big deal to me.

Simple things, I guess... But it's been a game-changer for me to actually have a DRY drysuit. :)

I've been using various dry gloves from the blue smurf gloves to black neoprene and DUI ZipGloves and ring systems from Diving Concepts, DUI, SiTech and even homemade rings. All have worked...for awhile. Eventually, they all leaked. It wasn't until I tried the Ultima system with 720 gloves that I have remained dry. I've gone seven months without a leak, which is about six months better than my previous record. Last month I made several dives on my old Diving Concepts suit with DC rings and 720s. All were dry.

Back
Top Bottom