Ultima Dry Glove System question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would like to see it too.

I found this online:

I had no idea that you could get SHOWA 660s on KUBI rings.

If you can do it with PVC 660s, you can definitely do it with nitrile 720s. The 720s are thinner and much stretchier.

...Which means that the KUBIs are now a player for dryglove rings. Do they snap on and off while you're wearing the suit, or are they semipermanent like ZipGloves?

Reactions: Zef
I found this online:

I had no idea that you could get SHOWA 660s on KUBI rings.

If you can do it with PVC 660s, you can definitely do it with nitrile 720s. The 720s are thinner and much stretchier.

...Which means that the KUBIs are now a player for dryglove rings. Do they snap on and off while you're wearing the suit, or are they semipermanent like ZipGloves?

They snap on/off much like the Ultima DGS....they are lower profile and made of metal. They also come in different sizes so you can chose the ring size that is correct for your hand and not have them too big or too small.

I believe they only work with latex seals but since you are essentially seal-less that should not be an issue.

-Z

They are plastic.
My under standing is that with the Kubis one must use latex seals even when they are fitted..is this true?

The si-tech cuff system (oval or round) can use either latex of silicone.

I am using the Ultima system and was able to put hands on the si-tech glove lock system yesterday...the glove lock system is much easier to mount gloves but the Ultima system has a beautiful simplicity to it that translates to something that works with little hassle.

Why not tranfer your Kubi investment over to whatever new suit you purchase?

I am interested in checking out the instruction you mentioned.

-Z

Kubi says you cannot use lined Showa gloves but you can, you just need to install them a little differently. I've done it successfully multiple times.

My Kubis aren't fitted and this version cannot really be used with a suit that has the quick seals installed. The non fitted version cuff side fits onto the existing seal. Trying to use it with a fitted system, although I imagine possible, would result in two rings making it very bulky.

If anyone wants the instructions I have message me. Cheers.

What's bulkier - a fitted (glued to suit) KUBI system with SHOWA 720s installed, or a Waterproof Ultima Dryglove Ring System with the SHOWA 720s installed?

While I have admired the all-metal construction of the KUBI system, I discounted it early as a working diver due to the fact that KUBI said that only thin latex gloves could be used on the rings.

I am surprised to find that this is not true.

I dive my drysuits "sealless," but there IS actually a seal in there - I chose to use silicone rather than latex because I find silicone to be more resistant to UV and ozone - meaning that it lasts longer. A lot of people have reported the opposite, but in my experience the silicone lasts longer than the latex does.

I wouldn't be crazy about HAVING to use latex... But the system seems otherwise very enviable.

Any problems with the anodizing coming off and creating a corrosion issue? I dive pretty much every day.

Reactions: Zef
While I have admired the all-metal construction of the KUBI system, I discounted it early as a working diver due to the fact that KUBI said that only thin latex gloves could be used on the rings.

I am surprised to find that this is not true.

I dive my drysuits "sealless," but there IS actually a seal in there - I chose to use silicone rather than latex because I find silicone to be more resistant to UV and ozone - meaning that it lasts longer. A lot of people have reported the opposite, but in my experience the silicone lasts longer than the latex does.

I wouldn't be crazy about HAVING to use latex... But the system seems otherwise very enviable.

Any problems with the anodizing coming off and creating a corrosion issue? I dive pretty much every day.

I'll put up some photos. Mine are just over 4 years old I dive dry 8 months of the year but only once or twice a week. The anodizing seems to be holding up quite well. Kubi are mistaken, lined gloves, although the first time you try is a RPITA, after the first fitting and you get the knack it can be done in less than 5 mins.

Message me with your email adddress and I'll send the instructions I have. It's really not that hard.

I use black showas coz I'm a fashion victim.

0B48709D-840C-4816-8FFD-2AD1ADABF1CF.jpeg

They are plastic.
My under standing is that with the Kubis one must use latex seals even when they are fitted..is this true?

The si-tech cuff system (oval or round) can use either latex of silicone.

I am using the Ultima system and was able to put hands on the si-tech glove lock system yesterday...the glove lock system is much easier to mount gloves but the Ultima system has a beautiful simplicity to it that translates to something that works with little hassle.

Why not tranfer your Kubi investment over to whatever new suit you purchase?

I am interested in checking out the instruction you mentioned.

-Z

Message me with your email address and I'll send it to you.

Back
Top Bottom