Ultima vs KUBI Dry Glove System for Whites Fusion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Purge

Contributor
Reaction score
I’d like to change the dry glove system on my Whites Fusion drysuit which currently has the Si-Tech oval (QCS) attachment system. I’ve always used pull-over gloves and not the Si-Tech Antares rings that the ovals are suited for as I’ve heard nothing but bad reviews about them. The problem with the pull-overs is I always have to ask for help. Two options I’m considering are the Waterproof Ultima or the KUBI. I like the idea of the aluminum rings of the KUBI, but I’m concerned that I may have trouble switching it out with my existing Si-Tech system. Has anyone else put the KUBI on the Whites Fusion with QCS, and if so… how did it workout?

I'm a huge fan of the KUBI systems but to make life easier the Ultima system is a direct replacement for the Si tech anteres system. Just pop out the oval ring from Sitek and put in the waterproof one.

I can't comment specifically to your questions but do use the KUBI's , have been for 4 years, never had a leak. I'm going to get the fitted version when funds allow. The fitted version allows in field seal replacement. You could look into the fitted version. DRIS can do it.

I got rid of my ultima, too bulky.. I still have a softring so I can easily switch seals but its soft and never gets in the way. I just use the seal to seal gloves, easy to put on yourself with some practice

I have the fitted Kubis on my O'Three neoprene suit and really like them. I tend to get cold hands, so having dry gloves on all year round isn't too much of a pain, but I could see the fixed rings being annoying if I ever wanted to dive with wet gloves. I recently bought a second hand Santi suit that came with the Si-Tech oval rings and the Waterproof Ultima gloves and I have to say I really like them too - changing between the ovals for low profile arms and the round rings for the drygloves took literally no time at all and I'd struggle to tell the difference between them and the Kubis tbh. I haven't had to change a ripped glove on the Waterproof system yet so can't comment on the ease of that, but the Kubis are very simple to do.

I think if you already have the oval rings on your suit I would probably get the Waterproof system - gives flexibility since its easy to change wet to dry, to replace torn seals etc, and it means you dont have to change anything on the suit.

-Mark

I have the Kubi permanent rings (after using the removable Kubi rings for over a year).

I helped a buddy installed the Ultima rings on his Waterproof drysuit.

I like my Kubi rings a lot. But, if my suit would accept the Ultima rings without modifications to the suit, I would definitely just go with those.

I have the Kubi permanent rings (after using the removable Kubi rings for over a year).

I helped a buddy installed the Ultima rings on his Waterproof drysuit.

I like my Kubi rings a lot. But, if my suit would accept the Ultima rings without modifications to the suit, I would definitely just go with those.

Fitted rings, did you do a review of them per chance? I'm still keen on getting them fitted to my suit but am very interested in your impressions. Who did the work? Thanks Stuart. Cheers.

Fitted rings, did you do a review of them per chance? I'm still keen on getting them fitted to my suit but am very interested in your impressions. Who did the work? Thanks Stuart. Cheers.

I haven't posted a review, but I reckon I'm past due. Give me a day or two, though.

Dive Right in Scuba did the work and they came out great.

First trip, I got a cut in my new silicone wrist seal. Being able to swap it out in about 2 minutes was awesome! The water was warm. I was diving the Oriskany. I only wore my drysuit for the redundant buoyancy, so no dry gloves that weekend.

Having the wrist seals and dry gloves is also very nice.

I haven't posted a review, but I reckon I'm past due. Give me a day or two, though.

Dive Right in Scuba did the work and they came out great.

First trip, I got a cut in my new silicone wrist seal. Being able to swap it out in about 2 minutes was awesome! The water was warm. I was diving the Oriskany. I only wore my drysuit for the redundant buoyancy, so no dry gloves that weekend.

Having the wrist seals and dry gloves is also very nice.

Thanks Stuart, I look forwrard to reading it. Cheers.

if you can do the kubi's that is the way to go. have been diving them for awhile and there is no better dry glove system. my2 cents worth

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom