Ultrasonic Cleaning?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why is such careful non-O2 use cleaning required? Do modern regs have tighter tolerances so it's important to remove all buildup?

So why ultrasonic cleaning? Because it works faster?

Why is such careful non-O2 use cleaning required? Do modern regs have tighter tolerances so it's important to remove all buildup?

So why ultrasonic cleaning? Because it works faster?

I just did a half dozen regulator sets last week. Parts of each stage spent 10 minutes in the ultrasonic cleaner - with GMC's ultrasonic cleaning solution. - and the parts come out spotless (salt, hard water, pool chemicals - all removed). Would take much longer with vinegar and a nylon brush.

If you're doing this commercially - time is money. However, if it's just a few personal regs - the cost may not be justified.

No - but it's priced competitively with Harbor Freight's Ultrasonic Cleaner. The Harbor Freight cleaner was crap.

That's what's got me interested. It looks like quality, hits all the right benchmarks in the specs.
The one thing that weirds me out a little is it says, "Use tap water for regular cleaning." As opposed to solution.

I'm a little worried that when they say the container is made of "stainless steel" they mean "silver painted cardboard."

Looks like this unit claims 220w vs 160w for the harbor freight cleaner. Ultrasonic is at 40khz for both units. The best feature of the bueatysupplyworld cleaner imo is that the timer goes to 30 minutes, where the harborfreight cleaner is limited to 5 minute cycles. Also the beautysupplyworld cleaner appears to have a basket that doesn't necessitate you inserting your fingers into hot water for removal. I may just order one to replace the harbor freight unit I've already got. I've had okay results from my harborfreight unit but usually I have to run items through 4 or 5 cycles to get them where I want.

The HF works... you just gotta run it for 45 mins to clean what my Crest will do in 2 mins. For occasional use its fine, for regular use pony up for name brand lab equipment (eBay and patience are you friends). It's all relative. ☺

Back
Top Bottom