Uncle Pug goes to Fiji ~ discussion thread open for posting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug:
That was taken after being awake for 48 hours the last ten of which were spent sitting in the back of the bus. :wink:
Can't wait to see you in the hotel room. :11:
Did I say that????

Pug-

You dog, you:)

I think I will go there with the Mermaid. No free trip, but that is what Visa and MC are for. You must have melted in the warm water.

-Ron

From your daily bloq:
Uncle Pug:
Snorkeling in this passage during the afternoon I saw an unattached remora, a very large puffer fish, a white tip reef shark and the ankles of a guy standing on a coral head while spearing fish… but no mantas.
Snorkel??? Did you get training on this unusual piece of gear? Did you take a SIR (Snorkel It Right) class?? Did you hire a guide? Hope you weren't Solo Snorkling... :11:

Uncle Pug:
ron... you will absolutely love it!
rick... I forgot to turn it on the first time.

Please, at least tell us you used a long hose with the snorkel!

How did 10 lbs work out? Sounds like 4 lbs too much.

I didn't use a long hose. I used a DIR compliant 40" hose. Under the right arm and directly up to the mouth. However I did use a non-DIR compliant angle fitting on the second stage that introduced... gasp... a second dynamic o-ring.

As for the snorkle... I only had one attached to my mask for a photo shoot dive. I did carry one tucked into my waist belt for a few dives until I lost it. :D

10 pounds (6 for the plate and 4 on the belt) was definitely not too much. Later in the trip I even upped the weight on the belt.

Uncle Pug:
10 pounds (6 for the plate and 4 on the belt) was definitely not too much. Later in the trip I even upped the weight on the belt.

Did you have a can light?

I did take my pro4 10w HID but only used it on a couple of dives... it just didn't prove necessary and only complicated things. I left off weight when I did take it though. It is true that you can't see the colors deeper without the light but I was satisfied with seeing the colors in the shallower portions of the dive.

Uncle Pug:
Green water in the mask on this dive. Sinus squeeze. I’ve been taking 120mg Sudafed’s every twelve hours but the head cold I came down with just before leaving on this trip thinks it will win. It won’t. I’ll die before I’ll miss a dive here. 67’max (37avg) 75 minutes.

NOW that is what I call DIR!!!

Back
Top Bottom