Undergarments.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just purchased my first wetsuits. Deep 6 3mm. Love it but as this is my first one I’m not sure what’s the ideal undergarments. Currently all my diving is tropical/ warm water diving. We do have “winter” here in south Florida but the water is far from cold. I’ve tried the suit on with a few items under just to test comfort. Board shorts alone, added a rash guard up top, bare bottom etc. every time I notice right away I’m sweating all holy hell. I’m sure water will help with that course.

so what is your ideal undergarments in a 3mm? Would a full body skin be beneficial or is it just going to make me even hotter?

Even in Fla and the Caribbean (snorkeling or diving) I wear a 3mm over my swim suit. 80F water IS cold to me ( SoFla).

Even in Fla and the Caribbean (snorkeling or diving) I wear a 3mm over my swim suit. 80F water IS cold to me ( SoFla).
I have a 3 mil farmer John, a full 3 mil, and a full 5 mil. I've worn them all in the Caribbean. Lately we've been mostly shore diving in Bonaire and there our dives are between 70 and 100 minutes. We don't generally spend a lot of time at much depth and don't swim like we're in an Olympic race or even a commute to work. We go slow and look for critters of all sizes and take some pictures. Two dives like that a day, even in 84 degree water is going to remove some body heat.

I had the Scubapro stretchy shorts for a while but they cost like $100 so when they died I just wore one of couple of my bathing suits with thin fabric. Since my wet suits are off the shelf they don't exactly fit like a second skin. I never notice any discomfort from bunching or whatever. YMMV

Up here you cant do commando. Most dives are shore dives on a public beach

Google scuba boat coat. Its pretty easy to go commando and change from wetsuit to street clothes out in public. I wear swim trunks under my suit and change out of them under my boat coat where ever I feel like it.

Nice to keep warm during surface intervals when its cooler as well.

That's kinda cool, if I dive wet again it would be worth considering.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom