Underwater Archaeology - Drawing Shipwreck sites. I'm interested

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello-

MAST's spring workshop beginner level curriculum is quite comparable to NAS level I. Many MAST members are also members of NAS and other organizations and several have completed advanced levels with one our members holding NAS level 4 certification.

We work closely with the Great Lakes Historical Society, the Peachman Lake Erie Shipwreck Center, the Cleveland Underwater Explorers and numerous other organizations.

In addition to surveying maritime archaeological sites MAST maintains a series of buoys and mooring blocks on eleven shipwrecks in Lake Erie.

You can see the list of wrecks we maintain buoys on here:

Ohio MAST Inc. Maritime Archaeological Survey Team, Inc

In addition to our Spring Workshop we are holding our annual banquet this Saturday at the Maumee Bay Resort in Toledo. It features a diving and nautical archaeological related silent auction and a guest speaker, Dr. Gary Gibson. The keynote speech is entitled: Frontier Fleet, The American Navy on Lake Ontario During the War of 1812.

There may still be room for one or two more students in the beginners level workshop and there are several seats available for the banquet.

The full weekend flyer can be viewed here:

http://ohiomast.org/IMAGES/WORKSHOP/2013_Nautical_Archaeology_Workshop_flyer.pdf

If you would like to attend please email Carrie Sowden at 440-967-3467 ext 6 or email shipwreck@inlandseas.org.

Kind regards,

Chris Kraska
Chairman, MAST Board of Directors

Thanks for the info. I was hoping to attend but I have to fly out for work this weekend.
I signed up for an Underwater Archaeology class with Mike Ray (a mast member and PADI instructor)

I'm taking the GUE Documentation Diver class this summer -- really looking forward to learning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom