Underwater equipment exchange tips needed....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajoh44:
It was fun. I had a really good buddy and it went really smoothly. We did fins first. That was the only little bump that we had. I usually put my fins on with the straps already fastened and just pull to tighten. She undoes the quick realeases and resnaps them. Anyway, It was easily fixed. BC exchange went smoothly. Mask went smoothly. The buddy breathing was deffinatley the hardest part. Thanks for all the tips!

Congratulations!

Maybe I'm a jerk when I do this but I have you switch gear with your buddy then switch back to your own gear all the time buddy breathing. Really just be patient and go slow

I in fact will have them do this while using blacked out masks.

Ouch! What's your purpose for blacking the mask?

scubajoh44:

The whole purpose of the exercise is to have the DM's solve a problem. I tell them the mask can be exchanged but only as the last piece of equipment and it stays blacked out. I have special masks for this. If a DM cannot solve a problem or deal with a stressful situation should they be a DM?
Everyone that has attempted this has found it to be very fun and challenging. Here is a picture of one of the masks

GDI:
Everyone that has attempted this has found it to be very fun and challenging. Here is a picture of one of the masks

Good idea but I'd get the creeps being in the water with the masked diver.

If I saw someone wearing that mask, I might try to rescue him....then again, I might swim away as fast as I could. ;0)

scubajoh44:
He's a sadist. No ifs, buts or ands about it the man loves to stress you out. Cavern class... the skill is for him to take my mask, I then close my eyes, picture where the line was (based on my memory) and find it. He taps on the mask, I give it to him and close my eyes as per his instruction. The line was last to my right... I turn and give a half kick and deflate... right onto the line. Less than 5 seconds and I have accomplished this. YAY! What's this? he is prying the line from my fingers! He pulls he up... he spins me around a few times finds a corner and STUFFS ME IN! I can almost hear him mutter: "Go ahead punk, and make my dive!" Bwahahahahaha! Five minutes later I find the line again and he ain't getting it this time! What? He just signalled that I am OOA??? OK, the blind leading the blind out of the cavern on his long hose!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom