Underwater MP3 player

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nevian

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
other than the discontinued iDive 300 (not interested in buying this device since it is no longer supported past a certain version on your apple devices) ...is there any other available product that i can purchase today?

requirements:
1. must be waterproof to 100'

nice to haves:
compatible with iphone, ipod
1gb of space

thanks,
nevian

I don't know of any such device that fits your description. I would discourage against the use of audio devices underwater for a purpose other than communication. You lose a lot of situational awareness as it is normally when scuba diving. No need to add to that.

I think there is something disturbingly self indulgent, and pathetically dysfunctional in a person that thinks they need an mp3 player underwater, while diving.

What danvolker said. If a person needs an item like this maybe they should take up knitting.

Not only what danvolker said, but wouldn't you also want to devote your full attention to diving? Sounds can determine life or death, like a boat's engine, a whistle, a leak in a hose or something, maybe a free-flowing octo.. there's too much that you should be listening to. If you really want music, get some big speakers, put them on your boat, and blast them so you can hear them underwater :D

I have heard of using them for long deco stops to pass the time. I'm not sure there is anything dangerous about using one UW unless you are diving in a high traffic area.

Not that I don't agree with them, but when I saw the thread title I figured there would be criticisms for someone who wants to listen to music underwater. The question was about a device, not one asking for opinions on the activity.

good lord some people need a life.

if it doesn't suit you don't bother stopping by and posting something negative. maybe you have enough problems in your life to appreciate the silence the underwater life has to offer- others' lives are enhanced by music and sounds that accompany us in our daily lives. it is patronizing and condescending to suggest that your choice to listen a mute world is somehow better than my inclination to listen to something I feel will enhance my experience. no one wrote a book on what the proper underwater, aural experience should be like so you should think more than twice before offering up your unqualified, arbitrary judgments. above all, you should probably follow one single rule in life that would make life around YOU a little better- if you don't have something positive to say keep your mouth shut.

this may be my first time posting here but I'm a forum veteran and I know I'm not wrong in suggesting that piece of advice. keep your negativity and self-absorbed statements to yourself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom