Underwater MP3 player

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

this is an entertaining thread.

I am waiting for someone to post while​ they are actually diving :)

I'd like to take my Kindle when I go diving.

OK, I guess not. I'd make do with a housing for my paperbacks then.

OK, I guess not. I'd make do with a housing for my paperbacks then.
Actually books and games I can understand for decompression dives.
Music is something that would inhibit my ability to hear whats going on around me, so that that Im not such a fan of..

Actually books and games I can understand for decompression dives.
Music is something that would inhibit my ability to hear whats going on around me, so that that Im not such a fan of..

Books won't inhibit other diver's ability to hear what's going on around them either. Sound travels very well underwater ... and just because someone wants to listen to music underwater doesn't mean everyone around them should have to ... especially if their taste in music sucks ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I'm trying to imagine how this would operate, since you need to have your ears free to equalize at depth...swimming, is one thing since you don't really need to equalize in a pool doing laps but you'll have created an unequalizable air space between a sealed ear canal driver and your ear drum. Unless there are kinds of headphones that can play music in a form you can actually hear through water as the medium instead of air?

Unless there are kinds of headphones that can play music in a form you can actually hear through water as the medium instead of air?
There is the earphones with a boom you just put around the ear and not stick the actual loudspeaker into the ear canal. Itd still have to be waterproof though..

I wonder what some marine life would do if you brought down a violin or other instrument that could be effectively played underwater.....the frequencies at some point might repel or attract.

To the original post, I think you should expect an underwater mp3 player will attract man eating great white sharks !

I think theres a time and place for underwater music and wouldnt mind having one myself for cavediving. Im sidemount so dont have to listen for air leaks, our signaling between buddies is done with lights so no problem there, no fish chewing on reefs or boats overhead either. Scootering through a cave with Tool playing is on my to do list.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom