Underwater MP3 player

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try doing a 2 hour deco stop..... music would be nice.
Just carry a grouper on your belt that someone shot at the bottom....the 2 hour deco will not be boring :)

Just carry a grouper on your belt that someone shot at the bottom....the 2 hour deco will not be boring :)

I have never never never seen a grouper on the bottom of a cave. My deco works just fine with my MP3 player though.

Well for cave diving, you might as well hang an ipad in a zip lock, and play video games during deco....h*ll, you don't even need to dive...you could just play the video game :)

Maybe it's me..if I want good music, it will be at concert quality, not some cr*ppy ear buds or mp3 player...and good music has it's place...whether in a club, in your home, in your car, at a concert....but in the wilderness hiking or mountain biking, or even riding a bike on A1A, music is wrong. And Underwater it is way worse.....

---------- Post added March 11th, 2013 at 10:44 PM ----------

Got to add this.... :) And Mp3 is to Music, what Drooling is to Talking :)

Mp3 is a lousy, lossy way to listen to music.....best for those that can't really appreciate what music should sound like :)

Holy crap this thread is old. I wonder if the OP ever got headphones. I wish I had a set. Deco dives with music is nice. Solo cave dives with music would be nice. I could feel like I am in one of my movies. Yay!

I use headphones in every activity I do. Running, cycling, mountain biking, etc. I have a set of headphones that I cut one ear bud off of. That way I always maintain situational awareness through sound.

Holy crap this thread is old. I wonder if the OP ever got headphones. I wish I had a set. Deco dives with music is nice. Solo cave dives with music would be nice. I could feel like I am in one of my movies. Yay!

I use headphones in every activity I do. Running, cycling, mountain biking, etc. I have a set of headphones that I cut one ear bud off of. That way I always maintain situational awareness through sound.
Of course you do...and then there is the cutting off of the left ear and giving it (and the ear bud) , to a prostitute....which of course everyone knows would make you a great and famous painter.... :)

Of course you do...and then there is the cutting off of the left ear and giving it (and the ear bud) , to a prostitute....which of course everyone knows would make you a great and famous painter.... :)
LOL. You need a better role model!

I got a lot of headphones. Will my Walkman work OK at depth?

Holy resurrection. It's funny how merely 2 years later from when a thread starts the amount of technology is out for products. It's pretty easy these days to find an underwater dry case for your mp3 player (even better if it's an apple product). My concern would be to find a decent set of earbuds to take with it.

Tech aside, I don't think I'd ever end up actually using something like earbuds under water short-term, I don't plan on doing deco dives and safety stops will only be 3-5mins. Other than that I think the implications for safety really starts to drop. The only way I'd consider it is solo diving with redundancies in a dead lake/ quarry with no traffic or predators, otherwise either my buddies safety or my own comes into play and hearing is just that added assist. This is also coming from a bassist and someone who above ground has music or some sort of audio playing a good 80% of the time when able.

Back
Top Bottom