Unhappy customers of HOG double wing???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
SB: I am looking to invest in a double tank set up and was looking at the Hog double wing. There are reports of the inflator in HOG being slow to inflate but other than that I have not heard anything bad about them. Can any of the real users give a review of these wings? Price wise it is half of what other wings cost so I wanted to know if there are any unhappy customers either because of the slow inflator or anything else.

All reviews welcome!

Cheers -

CS

Well, I had the seam on the bladder of a HOG doubles wing split wide open at the surface, leaving me kicking like a madman to keep twins and two slings afloat... I was certainly unhappy at the time.

In all fairness, I bought it for next to nothing used, and I don't know how well it had been treated previously. I wouldn't buy another one, though - wasn't hugely impressed with the quality of it, compared to my Halcyon or Hollis wings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

they changed mfg's a few years ago so the original batch of wings is very different than the middle batch of wings and those are different than the current ones, which are very high quality and wouldn't have an issue buying one. I don't have one, but have used plenty of the middle and current singles wings and a few of the doubles wings and they've been fine.

I've got 2. A 38 and a 58. They are a bit slow to inflate, but honestly I have had zero issues with either of them. Been diving the **** out of them and abusing them for 3 years with no problems.

I have no idea what the earlier wings were like, but I have all three. Hog, Hollis and Halcyon. I am pretty impressed with the quality of the hog wing.

What is the hog wing going for? Dive addicts has been selling hollis wings for next to nothing brand new. I bought several from them: Hollis C Donut Wing : Dive Addicts Inc : Hollis Products Hollis C Donut Wing, 45 lbs, Double Bladder $89.00 I think the single bladder runs $150

Why is slow inflation a good thing?

And easily "remedied" buy swapping to a $14 (DGX) generic inflator unit if you like life in the fast lane.
Yes, just swapped out the valve on my HOG wing with one of those...works great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom