Update on Galapagos??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oceancat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi.

I know that a few more trips have gotten cancelled, which has increased my anxiety about our trip actually happening. Has anyone heard any more on the Galapagos dive boat situation? We are scheduled on one of the Aggressors for July '08.

Has anyone been recently? I would love to see a new trip report :D

You should be fine if you are on an Aggressor boat because they got their permits renewed. why don't you contact them directly to make sure? I wanted to know if we (I'm going in June) got our permits to do the land tours, and I was informed that we did, but I'm on the Aggressor 2.

Did the Aggressor in January. Truly amazing. A trip like this has the chance to ruin diving anywhere else. Check the Blog at my signature for a short trip report and pictures. You'll have a ball. A+ to everything on the aggressor trip.

I have checked your blog--it's wonderful. I am getting so excited about the trip and it's still 3 months away.

I checked it too. I didn't realize the crew got dress all fancy. Cool shot of the rays looking up into the sun. I hope we get whalesharks.

Only 3 boats got the license, the Aggressors and the Sky Dancer. Deep Blue might get their license shortly.
On Peter Hughes’s web site they updated the information of the itinerary and are mentioning 4 land visits. Could somebody who went recently confirm this?

In case somebody wants to join in on our trip we have 4 slots on the Sky Dancer available for the trip in October 12-19, 2008 with a group reduction discount. I only can hold the remaining slots for some more days.

Please contact me on pierre.baehler@cern.ch .
regards Pierre Baehler

Club Subaquatique CERN - Scuba Club

That's strange because I got an email from Explorer Ventures yesterday saying that they got their permits and they were trying to sell some slots. Not sure which boat. I know they have 2.

On wed last, I spoke with the Explorer ventures office about another trip and casually enquired about their galapagos situation. I didn't get a real straight story, but got the impression they had to change boats/operators due to some permit problems. Not sure where this is going with them.

If you're booking or are booked with them, I'd ask some real direct questions about their situation in ther galapagos.

too bad- I've done all their caribbean boats and they were outstanding.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom