Upload failures/Log on issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

craracer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Two issues:

1. Starting about a week ago (for me at least), I keep getting "failed upload" notices when attempting to post photos. They are within the size limits, and are jPegs. I know I am not the only person having problems as I have read about others with like issues.

2. Can I please just log in ONCE. I get so tired of signing in several times when posting in different areas. As an example, I do the initial log in, check my user CP for replies to posts, and then am required to log in again to post a reply to a thread that I started.

1. Starting about a week ago (for me at least), I keep getting "failed upload" notices when attempting to post photos. They are within the size limits, and are jPegs. I know I am not the only person having problems as I have read about others with like issues.

Yes, you aren't the only one: Can't upload photos

2. Can I please just log in ONCE. I get so tired of signing in several times when posting in different areas. As an example, I do the initial log in, check my user CP for replies to posts, and then am required to log in again to post a reply to a thread that I started.

I'm no expert, but I *think* someone once said this might be a cookie problem. You might want to try exiting your browser, deleting all your (SB-related) cookies and logging in again.

PS. Not happening here, FWIW.

I have my browser set to delete all cookies as soon as I close. Just for giggles, I manually deleted them, but it didn't help.

1.jpg:
Upload of file failed.

Anyone else have to sign in multiple times to post? I know it's a VB setting that can be changed.

From craracer.

Having the exact same problem for two days. Have posted photos before without problems.

Yes, you aren't the only one: Can't upload photos

I'm no expert, but I *think* someone once said this might be a cookie problem. You might want to try exiting your browser, deleting all your (SB-related) cookies and logging in again.

PS. Not happening here, FWIW.

I think you mixed up posting photo's in posts, and uploading photo's to the photo area.

No photo's have been uploaded since July 12, so something broke on either the 12 or the 13th.

Two issues:

1. We are aware there is a problem uploading attachments. I don't know that the exact problem has been pinpointed yet, or know when it may be fixed.

2. When you log in check the Remember me box to the right of the user name and password box. This should leave you logged in until you click the log out link.

Thanks Cave Diver

Photo uploads to the gallery are working again. But there may still be a problem linking to them in posts.

Stay tuned...

Links to photos in the gallery are working now also:

wreck7.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom