US Passport renewal time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlndavid

私は寿司およびアジア女性を食べるã
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok my passport was going to expire in April 06.
I sent it in 4 weeks ago, standard service, which is supposed to take 6 weeks.
In the mean time a trip I was planning to the Philippines settled in at a Mar 5th departure.
Mar 4th is the 6 week point, 2 weeks from now. Do any of you have some average times to expect a renewed passport, or can I switch my renewal to an expedited level.
Thanks in advance for your input. And I have looked into expedited services in my area, but the process is already started and don't know if they can help at this point.
Nervously waiting for my passport.

My wife renewed hers last year and IIRC it came in a bit before the 6-week mark.

My wife and I mailed ours in for renewal the January 5th of this year. The new ones have an issue date of January 26. IIRC, they were sent in a priority mail flat with postmark that same day or a day later. (We didn't actually receive them until the first Tuesday of Feb, but that's because we used a private mailbox address as the "send to" address, and the contents of the mailbox only get shipoped to us once a week.)

Good Luck and keep your fingers crossed!

I put the renewal in the mail the 20th and the check cleared the 30th, I hope they're doing their job.

Mine arrived in about 4 1/2 weeks from when I sent it in. They are doing a great job of turning them around.

Thanks Jeff, love your sig. :D

I used the expedited service when I renewed mine last fall. Took 1-2 weeks, as promised. I payed the extra just to avoid the stress even though I sent it in 6+ weeks prior to departure.

You can check your status online - you might want to see if it has already been processed.

You can both check your status online and I think change it to expedited. Its a national website and you only need your SS# and name.

Miranda

Thanks MoonWrasse and Miranda, I didn't know you could check status online.
And yeah, I should have expedited mine, the stress ain't worth it.

Back
Top Bottom