USD environment chamber silicone fluid (Conshelf series regs)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaRat, thanks for the detailed response.

John C. Ratliff:
However, my Scubapro Balanced Flow-through Piston first stage may not be a good candidate.

SeaRat

This, in my mind, seems to be much more of a concern that the Conshelf env fluid. I have seen the inside of a MK20 that had a significant amount out christo/tribolube that had been pulled through the piston stem and had pretty thoroughly coated the top of the piston in the IP chamber. I am sure some of this lubricant had become picked up by the gas and delivered to the diver.

Aren't christolube and tribolube PTFE based?
I don't know; there are many, many products associated with the name Christo Lube. You have to go to the specific MSDS for the product being used.

John

here is the fluid for the Conshelf Supreme:
Shop Online

Just a follow up..... The 1st stages of both mine and the wifes conshelf 14 supreme regulators serviced back over a year ago are in great shape and show that the astroglide X and the K-Y intrigue are safe and do the job just fine....

The priced at just under $10 bucks for 2.5 fl.oz is half the price of the " REAL " fluid.... So it's really a wash.... but if you're like me and hate to pay shipping you can get it at any drug store....:wink: Or the " SPECIAL " draw in the bedroom....:rofl3:

Jim.....

Just to add... I shop at http://vintagedoublehose.com and think Bryan does a super job keeping us diving ....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom