USD environment chamber silicone fluid (Conshelf series regs)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Use mineral oil instead.

I buy it from the local Walgreen's. It is edible, biodegradable- mostly, fix you when you are sick, and won't freeze, at least it won't under all the dive conditions I have found so far. :D

Been using it on all the Conshelfs we have serviced for as long as I can remember.

Isn't mineral oil hard on the rubber components?

Isn't mineral oil hard on the rubber components?

I have not found any indications of that. Last year I had a chance to check a few that have not been used for five years. Both the diaphragm and the seal were still in good shape when taken apart.

I am very comfortable recommending it.

I have not found any indications of that. Last year I had a chance to check a few that have not been used for five years. Both the diaphragm and the seal were still in good shape when taken apart.

I am very comfortable recommending it.

I thought about suggesting mineral oil but was not sure about it effect on rubber, at least the silicone brake fluid is rubber compatiable with very little chance of any health issues.

Buy DC200 | DC 200 SILICONE FLUID 20 CS IN 33 LB PAIL = 5 GALLON,
DC 200 SILICONE FLUID 20 CS IN 33 LB PAIL = 5 GALLON
Price: $975.00

I guess 5 gallons may be just a bit too much, your supposed just to fill the first stage with it, not swim in it. No wonder breast enhancement is so expensive over there. LOL

Sil-Mid - Silicones/Dow Corning/DC Silicone Fluids

From a UK site imported from US. I think the term for it at $975 is hosed!!

Another point to consider is that the thicker the fluid the slower the reaction between any change in the water column and the balanced pressure poppet reaction.
The two extremes would be to use vodka for a fast reaction and axel grease for slow.
Both may be suitable but performace is compromised.
Although the Conshelf poppet wasn't that well balanced (pretty crude in fact) these two extremes would show a marked difference in performance. Iain Middlebrook.

"The two extremes would be to use vodka for a fast reaction and axel grease for slow.
Both may be suitable but performace is compromised."

Whose performance would be comprimised, the reg or the diver:) One shot for the Conshelf, one for me....

I thought about suggesting mineral oil but was not sure about it effect on rubber, at least the silicone brake fluid is rubber compatiable with very little chance of any health issues.

I agree. You sure can't go wrong there.

I guess 5 gallons may be just a bit too much, your supposed just to fill the first stage with it, not swim in it. No wonder breast enhancement is so expensive over there. LOL

Sil-Mid - Silicones/Dow Corning/DC Silicone Fluids

From a UK site imported from US. I think the term for it at $975 is hosed!!

Another point to consider is that the thicker the fluid the slower the reaction between any change in the water column and the balanced pressure poppet reaction.
The two extremes would be to use vodka for a fast reaction and axel grease for slow.
Both may be suitable but performace is compromised.
Although the Conshelf poppet wasn't that well balanced (pretty crude in fact) these two extremes would show a marked difference in performance. Iain Middlebrook.

If both thick and thin fluid is a non compressable fluid there would be no difference in reaction time.

I wonder how toxic silicone brake fluid is if it ever gets into the airstream?

Did you read the MSDS sheet. Two of the three ingredients are listed as non hazardous and the third which is only 3% is mildly hazardous. You are exposed to more hazardous material fueling you car. I would pretty much expect to see the same if it was a MSDS for water.

http://www.hsegroup.com/hse/text/water.htm

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom