Utila Aggressor Last Week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just returned Saturday aboard Utilla Agerssor. Great trip, very profeshional outfit. Dives were great. We at times push ourselves beyond our limits. Thats why we sign waivers. Operators do not have crystal balls to see the future. I'll not reach conclusion until all facts are in. Had a great time, would go back tomorrow if i could.
Welcome to SB. You just posted to the same thread three times.

We hardly ever see all the facts as the two entities who will have them won't share them publicly - bad for business.

The lost divers spouse has logged on requesting information. If you have SOLID REAL information please PM her.

Thank You

The lost divers spouse has logged on requesting information. If you have SOLID REAL information please PM her.

Thank You

I'm not sure of the username, so perhaps you could repost to the thread with the username of the diver's spouse just in case someone has info to share...

Anyway, I can add this: I was messaged a week or so back by someone living on Utila. If there was any info to share, or should I say info that was shared outside the dive operation involved, this person would certainly have it. Unfortunately, they had nothing to share with me. Thier message was basically that no one on Utila is hearing anything whatsoever mainly because the accident happened in Roatan. That's it.

One can assume since this was a live-a-board operation based from Utila, we certainly won't be hearing anything from Roatan authorities (were Roatan authorities even notified of the lost diver?). So short of the info coming from the Aggressor fleet, Honduran authorities, an Aggressor employee willing to share info discreetly, or clients from that week's trip, it looks like this is one accident we won't get the details on.

We can expect the operator and the authorities to be uncooperative, but had I been a passenger/diver on the boat - I'd damned sure want to help the widow find the facts. In the event the facts happen to say it looked like diver error, I'd still try; I think The Bible mentions the importance of Truth along with several other philosophies & religions.

Patri's own lawyer may have advised her to not post either tho - maybe? :idk:

I am the wife of this diver any news will be appreciated. He dove with out a buddy in a group, there is no blame to anyone only praise to the heroics of the Agressor crew, Coco View an Anthony's Key resorts who gave there all in the search. We have no recovery at this time and again any help or new is appreciated.
Patri Hennessy

Reactions: Jax
A police report was filed with the local authorities in Roatan and the US Consulate. The Agressor folks went above and beond in obtaining their own search resources, I have nothing but paraise for the Utilla Agressor II. It was diver error, our best guess is too deep on Virginias Wall, narc'd and lost into the bliss of the sea. There is so little chance of recovery I got very excited about the thought of a recovery in Nicarauga.
I am searching every way I can, I thank everyone for any news and all good thoughts.
Patri

Mrs Hennessy, I'm truly sorry for your loss and not having any type or recovery yet. I too have lost friends while diving even on the same dive. Two have had no recoveries and that really hurts. I also make too deep solo dives and have talked many times with my spouse about how I would want the situation handled. My experience with losses on private and commerical boats prove that once the diver gets into the water it is rarely the ops fault. I hope more info comes forward. Dive Safe And Often

My experience with losses on private and commerical boats prove that once the diver gets into the water it is rarely the ops fault. I hope more info comes forward.
Boy, I just don't see the point in that statement? True or not, applicable to this case or not, the widow deserves all the facts whatever they are?

Would you happen to know any way that she might obtain facts about operations of a foreign registered vessel operating in Hondurans waters? Perhaps the corporation and/or authorities have given her info, but it would really be nice if she could compare those accounts to personal views from other divers?
thanks

Back
Top Bottom