very pleased with scuba toys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fairbanksdiver:
I'm going to say something nasty about Scubatoys!

[snip]

As proficient as he is with networking hardware, Larry hasn't figured out how to build a USB fill station that I can utilize with my broadband connection... and booooooooy... that really yanks my chain. I mean jeeze... the nerve.

You can get that now.

See http://www.diveriteexpress.com/gas/etherfill.shtml

Download your fills from the Internet with the EtherFill™ 5000 Cylinder Fill System.

My experience with Scubatoys wasn't as wonderful. As I was looking to complete two gear packages, I decided to call the shop after reading posts on the board. I mentioned the board when I called in case that it was a special rate for members. I priced several computers and was given the manufacturers list price I had from online and the local store. For half my gear I ended up finding a shop in San Diego who had low prices listed online. Scubatoys was friendly and even gave some advice but I didn't find anything different than going down to my local shop.

Well, I've had nothing but good dealings. Last time I ordered there, they charged me the wrong price, but it was in my favor by a couple of bucks so I didn't complain. Yay ra ra ScubaToys :wink:

GrierHPharmD:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

As many times as I've been to their website, I've never stumbled across that before. Priceless!

There isn't a link to it off the main website and you can't find it in their search engine. Someone sent it to me long ago. Pretty dang funny. What is even funnier is that you can "add one to cart" and check out with it. heh.

Dearman:
My experience with Scubatoys wasn't as wonderful. As I was looking to complete two gear packages, I decided to call the shop after reading posts on the board. I mentioned the board when I called in case that it was a special rate for members. I priced several computers and was given the manufacturers list price I had from online and the local store. For half my gear I ended up finding a shop in San Diego who had low prices listed online. Scubatoys was friendly and even gave some advice but I didn't find anything different than going down to my local shop.

Hmmm, don't know who you talked to... I don't think we've ever sold anything at list price in my life!? If you ever need anything... Just call and ask for me! Glad to hear we were friendly though!

Dearman:
My experience with Scubatoys wasn't as wonderful. I priced several computers and was given the manufacturers list price... For half my gear I ended up finding a shop in San Diego... Scubatoys was friendly ...but I didn't find anything different than going down to my local shop.

??? list price??!!
LDS's around here charge that, or sometimes a whopping 5% off, thus the reason I buy from Larry. My computer from scubatoys was 33% off list. Shoot, Larry's web site for the atmos2 is already what, 12% off list, before they drop the price even more over the phone (aeris advertising restrictions I believe).

No matter, even if they quoted you 2x list price (ha), they will match prices plus still have full factory warranty and great customer service.

Call Larry back just for grins, and ask what their price is for what you purchased. Just curious what kind of deal you got locally. (and great if it was a good deal, nice to see local shops being competitive).

Scubatoys rocks.
Jeff

I priced 4 or 5 items and only remember the one I was most interested in without going back and finding if I still have my notes. The IQ-700 was priced at 389, which was under list but the same as everywhere I looked. My plan was to wait until the local shops big anniversary sale in a month and buy from whoever was lowest, but I found a steal on a used one (assuming it's still there when I go to get it tonight). Scubatoys was nice and everything I priced was not higher than I found elsewhere. Until the next time I’m purchasing something he carries, I can’t claim a good nor bad experience. Based on that and everyone else’s comments, I’ll have to give them a call in the future to see what he has.

Back
Top Bottom