Viz and Swell at the start of the monsoon season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sure, lots of options here. Even technical diving, although I'm not much into that myself.

Yeah i know, good rebreather training there.. in a few months there's not much of a debate since you guys have that non monsoon weather.. I've done some diving on that side but the most i've seen of Phuket is the bus terminal.

Quote AsiaTechDiver "At the moment you're kind of between a rock a hard place. Koh Tao is having weird weather of sun and cloud but with good diving and the other coast has very similar but a lot of schools there are closed waiting for their season to start so i guess it depends what you're looking for."

What area are you referring to? If Phuket/Phi Phi areas, sorry, this is simply not true. The DC's are open here all year round. Obviously we would not be open if the diving conditions are not suitable. Also I fail to understand how according to your friend the snorkelling can be great but the diving conditions were not good.:confused:

Quote AsiaTechDiver "At the moment you're kind of between a rock a hard place. Koh Tao is having weird weather of sun and cloud but with good diving and the other coast has very similar but a lot of schools there are closed waiting for their season to start so i guess it depends what you're looking for."

What area are you referring to? If Phuket/Phi Phi areas, sorry, this is simply not true. The DC's are open here all year round. Obviously we would not be open if the diving conditions are not suitable. Also I fail to understand how according to your friend the snorkelling can be great but the diving conditions were not good.:confused:

No i didn't mean that. What i meant is Koh Tao should be in its peak season for diving but at the moment is having weird weather. The west coast peak doesn't usually start until November. I know year round diving is happening regardless of season that's not what I'm talking about. Right now the vizz in koh tao is terrible because of post full moon. And i was saying that he didn't go diving because it was rough seas.. he's a full time divemaster so he opted for snorkeling instead.

So in my opinion i think it's a hard decision on what side to go to right now.

Thank you a lot for all the information, guys! :thumbs_up:
My flight is in 12h and the bags are packed...

I've deiced to make my way to both oceans of Thailand unless it's absolutely not diveable. This means that I will move around a lot. What's the best way to find accomodation? Do you use the internet or local agents to find places to stay?

Can you stay in Koh Tao for less than 2500 Baht a night?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom