viz this time of year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunately my pics of it are on my card in my camera at the bottom somewhere as I took my camera out of my pocket for the pics and forgot to put the lanyard on my wrist.

Oh man :(
Truth be told though, I think that camera was never really happy being out of the water, as it had tried before to make it's way back to the sea with or without you.

HI
We go out every Sunday, your welcome to come with us. Our Sunday dives always take into consideration the expeirience of the divers and the dives they do.
My wife and I just got certified in January and go out every Sunday and now with our own Gear likely some Saturdays too.

Look up the Edge Dive Center
Book your rental suits early
Regards
Gene and Andrea

Does this cycle of peaking and dying last all summer? IE does it usually more or less clear up by some point, or are we stuck with day to day viz issues until we hit winter again?

It was about 20' under 20' at whytecliff today. My best yet locally!

Kelvin Grove was close to 30ft vis today below the 30ft mark. Not bad vis considering what it's been like lately.

Two shots from today's dive. Nothing too special but I thought the flounder's eyes were pretty cool. They look the same as the ones I carve into my Halloween pumkin.

800%20Flounder.jpg

800%20Nudi.jpg

Vis wasn't extremely bad at Porteau today, below the first 20 or so feet I'd guesstimate 20-30 feet vis. Being used to murky lakes, that was pretty awesome for us :)

Started opening up < 20' at porteau today. I would say 15-20' at 40'.

PS. I have no spacial abilities.

At Whiskey Cove yesterday and it was maybe 6-9' at 60' deep.

PRetty crap AND there is some kind of oily film (spill in Burnaby?) on the surface.... neat stuff to see though.

Actually, now that I think of it, and that I also am horrid at estimating vis.. here's a photo from the bow of the Grant Hull this past Saturday (June 5) where you can kind of make out the vis..

Attachments

• IMG_3317-auto-scaled.jpg
    IMG_3317-auto-scaled.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 51
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom