viz this time of year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We went to Lookout Point yesterday evening...We followed the left wall and then turned left again at the edge. Down to 20 feet the viz was about 2-3 feet, after that - 7-10 feet. It was the high tide and current was about 4 knots (I guess), so we had some fun finning back to the bay... Didn't see anything - that was a healthy, sporty dive... :)

Last night at Ansell the vis was quite nice below 30'. I would even go so far as to say that it was average for the summer. This was on a high tide near slack.

It was certainly clear enough to see the 8' GPO out in the open and the 2 wolf eels. Not that I want to brag... :eyebrow:

Whytecliff was 10' vis at 30' depth but if your nice and close, no prob.

Attachments

• IMAG0235z.JPG
    IMAG0235z.JPG
    397.3 KB · Views: 41
I just night dove Ansell. Really poor vis until 25 then you punch through it and it opens up to maybe 15 feet of vis. Had a bunch of seals follow us through the dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom