viz this time of year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't worry tkdgodess, if scuba diving is anything like skiing the conditions will be great this weekend since I'm all booked up with family! :wink:

well the viz seemed like it was getting better so i went to check it out with a buddy. got are ass kicked by the waves today couldn't get on top of the dive site (we are both powerful swimmers) so we scrubed the dive and got are ass kicked on the way out again :-(
we are going to give it another shot tomorrow ill report back.
if viz still sucks ill stick to the inlet for a bit

At "look out point" on Thursday night things were pretty bad in the first 45ft then it started to improve, by 70 ft it was dark but pretty clear

We went to Ansel Place on Saturday April 24 n the vis was crappy all the way down to 60 feet after that it was clear but dark so it seem like a nite dive , water was choppy on the surface but we managed ok under the water :popcorn:

Dive buddy report Tuwanek at about 80' on the 24th

Well It's been a good few months since I posted here...

I seem to have accidentally hibernated this Winter, usually I don't do that, life and a lack of funding on my part seemed to get in the way.. Anyway, nice to see people are still around. After nearly a year I'm working again and I can finally take my Class 7 road test (May 11th). I'll be free to dive without dragging the family away from bed early on a Sunday morning.

Let's hope this summer is a good one for diving. It's just a shame that all the crap surrounding the Annapolis isn't done with. I should post something remotely on topic, I started diving here around this time last year and found the vis to be more than good enough for my taste. Having said that I'm a bit mental and I will happily swim around on the silty bottom of a lake all day.

point atkinson tide....
Saturday was bad, the surface wind didn't help, but it was better than the previous weekend.
Sunday it improved, maybe 10'-12' with that long stringy plankton instead of it all being connected.

Did the cut tonight, actually not bad. Below 70 was good above that was about 10 feet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom