Vortoberfest IV 2008 - After Action Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OOOOOOhhhh, it's a DONE DEAL! Might even have to build a stage JUST for that.:crafty:

I was actually thinking of building one just for L4S (she's always onstage anyway, even without one)....... BUT, I think I like this idea better.

AND YOUR POINT IS????? :no: You are just asking for a bite huh? :jaws:

Carolyn:shark2:

I think Denise will be the first to be voted off the tribe lol!

Carolyn:shark2:

Maybe the contest should be who can survive the dive with you?
Oh wait, been there done that. :wink:

Yea, Martin and I survived a dive with her the next day as well. And again she was in the middle. I think she likes it that way.:D

I am pretty sure I have survived 25 dives or so with her.

WooHoo!! I get my own tribe and it looks like I am raking up on willing victims...ummm I mean volunteers..:wink:

I'm a little late to the party again, like the dinner.... I got my food 3rd though from the thong showing waitress. :)

Yes I noticed that the three youngest men in the room were the last ones to arrive and the first ones to get their food.:wink: (The other two being Andy and Andrew) It was sweet of you to share your food with me after we decided I wasn't going to get any.:)

Guys, I'm sorry that it did take so long for some of you to be served.

I understand the frustration.

Keep in mind that Sally's is a very small, privately owned, grill with limited food preparation equipment.

Sallly's is not a fast food restaurant. Each order is prepared ala carte.

We tried as best we could to help Sally and her staff acommodate such a large number of people showing up at one time and ordering.

Is there room for improvement, yes. We realize that and we're working on it. But when you walk in, look at the grill and see how large, or small it is.

And, too, keep in mind that Sally has a regular clientelle that keeps her in business all year long.

We descend upon Sally's twice a year, some only once.

And "descend" is the word.

There are people in this world that haven't eaten for days, I don't have a problem with waiting for a while to be served a good meal.

If any of you have any suggestions how we can help resolve this "problem", please PM either Yellow Angel Fish or "Kat" Murchison and give them your input, they're working on getting this put together for Spring-Spring Fest and Vortoberfest.

Please don't misunderstand this message, I'm not angry or complaining, I'm simply putting forth the facts of the matter.

I'd love nothing more for everyone to be able to be seated and dine at one time, but I accept, at this point, that it's simply not possible.

But, moving on along . . . .

SPRINGFEST !!!!!

Does anyone know who provides the MK5 diving? I saw them out there on Saturday evening. I have some pictures and video that someone may be interested in.

Cptn. Laney Rhinehart...hope i spelled that right. I can get you contact info if you want it.

I hope you are not making fun of the waitress by describing her as "thong showing." This girl left her honeymoon early so that Sally's would have the staff to serve us. She literally worked her fanny off and I tipped her $20 for her gallant efforts. We go there every month and sometimes more often. These folks are our friends.

The purpose of our gathering was fun and fellowship. If you wanted fast food you should have driven to De Funiak and went to McDonalds.

I - for one - had a wonderful evening sitting there talking and telling stories and laughing. The timeliness of the food was rather moot.

Sally accomodated a crowd twice or more times greater than her normal Friday night showing - and did it well. We don't need to fix Sally's - we need to reevaluate our reason for being there and fix our own attitudes.

I'm a little late to the party again, like the dinner.... I got my food 3rd though from the thong showing waitress. :) Great pics, great time and great people. Thanks for letting me tag along. :)

Here are my pics.

Morrison Springs
Night Diving
Topside Pics

Cptn. Laney Rhinehart...hope i spelled that right. I can get you contact info if you want it.

Please do, not for me to dive but so I can get some pictures to somone who may want them.

I hope you are not making fun of the waitress by describing her as "thong showing." This girl left her honeymoon early so that Sally's would have the staff to serve us. She literally worked her fanny off and I tipped her $20 for her gallant efforts. We go there every month and sometimes more often. These folks are our friends.

The purpose of our gathering was fun and fellowship. If you wanted fast food you should have driven to De Funiak and went to McDonalds.

I - for one - had a wonderful evening sitting there talking and telling stories and laughing. The timeliness of the food was rather moot.

Sally accomodated a crowd twice or more times greater than her normal Friday night showing - and did it well. We don't need to fix Sally's - we need to reevaluate our reason for being there and fix our own attitudes.

I also gave a nice tip, but not due to the "Gallant effort" of the staff (I was the last to get my food and was eating after everyone left (I'm sure the Egg was somehow to blame)) But my tip was for the thong show....:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom