Wanna know best breath technique

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kareemovitch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello experts
I finished my advanced course ...i need to stay diving more time and keep my air as i can ...i always breath about 6 times by miniute i stay diving max time 45 min
Need to know the best breath technique
Regards

Breathe normally.

Relax your body and slow your movements. Keeping perfect boyancy and keeping your body facing the direction you want to move makes the biggest difference.

There aren't magic breathing techniques.
Enjoy.
Cameron

If you are a gas hog, most likely you're also a hand sculler. Don't think you are? The worst ones don't. They're convinced that they never scull. So, stop sculling by swimming with your hands always clasped together. Get flat (trim) stop over adjusting your buoyancy and learn to use your breathing to control your depth. Telling someone to "breathe normally" is impossible with a reg in your mouth. Inhale slowly, pause a tiny bit when your lungs are full and exhale when you feel you need to. Use where you pause to adjust your depth.

Hello experts
I finished my advanced course ...i need to stay diving more time and keep my air as i can ...i always breath about 6 times by miniute i stay diving max time 45 min
Need to know the best breath technique
Regards

Hi Kareemovitch,

I am not an expert, nor an instructor, nor a tech diver. I do know that Pete (The Chairman) nailed it in the most succinct and direct way that anyone will ever explain it. Follow that paragraph exactly, line by line, and you won't think about your breathing u/w again.

markm

Can you tell us about the type of diving that you do? And other exercise, or sports? So you would not try to limit breathing for other sports, correct?
From your avatar, (please excuse personal comment) you look like you have a lot of muscle, and muscle burns a lot of oxygen into CO2. If you slow your breathing OUT of CO2, this commonly leads to “feeling like you can’t get a breath” even though regulator is fine. I have read many threads on panic attacks that happen to big guys, and this problem of not breathing out enough keeps coming up. Safe diving!

I never thought about breathing. I was told to breathe slowly, but "normally" and I think to not purposely breathe extremely slowly, and to not think about it. I do quite well on Air. I had snorkeled for decades before being a diver, which probably helped.

If you are a gas hog, most likely you're also a hand sculler. Don't think you are? The worst ones don't. They're convinced that they never scull. So, stop sculling by swimming with your hands always clasped together. Get flat (trim) stop over adjusting your buoyancy and learn to use your breathing to control your depth. Telling someone to "breathe normally" is impossible with a reg in your mouth. Inhale slowly, pause a tiny bit when your lungs are full and exhale when you feel you need to. Use where you pause to adjust your depth.

Definitely this ^^^

Inhale slowly, pause a tiny bit when your lungs are full and exhale when you feel you need to.
such breath pattern is kinda common under the water, but we breath a different pattern at the surface: inhale, exhale, and then pause. have you tried this pattern underwater?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom