want a new computer - what about the old?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bug

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Well a year or so ago I got the Uwatec Air Z Nitrox. It has been a great computer and have had no problems with it. Last summer I had someone show me a Sunnto Vytec and since then I have fallen in love.

But what do I do with my Air Z Nitrox if I get a new computer. Is there anyway I can "sell" or get some money back for it from anywhere but still keep it legal based on Uwatec/ScubaPros terms?

I know they are very very strict when it comes to that. But I just can't afford to buy two computers like that and to me it feels kinda wrong to sell it online or something.

So if anybody has some ideas it would be great!!!

Thanks
-Matt

bug once bubbled...
Is there anyway I can "sell" or get some money back for it from anywhere but still keep it legal based on Uwatec/ScubaPros terms?

I know they are very very strict when it comes to that.

That computer is your's and you can do almost anything you want with it, without "legal" concerns. except maybe letting it go for a sleepover at Neverland.

Ebay is a great way to get maximum exposure. Include pictures & a good description.

You have three really good choices.

Walter mentioned the first: dive with two computers, one in gauge mode perhaps, as a backup to the other.

The second is save the old for your sweetheart, assuming that you have or get a sweetheart, then you both will have a computer, once your sweetheart sees how much fun you are having diving and wants to join you.

The third is sell it for a good price (half off) to a beginner who is in the market for their first dive computer.

I kept my older Vyper as a backup on my console when I got my vytec. That way, if my battery dies on either of them, my day is not necessarily done.

I'd say keep it. Scuba Pros policies do not apply to the end user. Only to retailers. You can sell or give it to who ever you please. But there is no warranty other then to the original purchaser. That is where Indigos idea is great. Let your SO use it then the any warranty issues will be covered.

Joe

Back
Top Bottom