Wanted: Female model for upcoming trips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ascottj:
Hello Divers,

I hope this is right forum to post this message. I am a photojournalist who specializes in travel adventure imagery and articles. Over the years, I have worked with a variety of publications (Skin Diver, Scuba Diving, Alert Diver, Maxim and others), organizations and recognized personalities around the world.

Due to conflicting schedules with models I normally use, I currently have an opportunity for someone to join me during an assignment to Papau New Guinea towards the end of October. The woman would have to pay her own airfare and incidentals, but the short stay at the resort and ten day liveaboard charter would be covered. It would be a great opportunity to experience some of the best diving in the world.

I am looking for a mature, single, female diver, who has good diving skills and is between the ages of 27 to 40. The person would need to be physically attractive (publication & advertiser requirement), enjoy diving/traveling and hopefully have an energetic, fun personality.

Of course, I will provide qualified, prospective models with a list of personal and professional references, published articles and imagery in order to ease any concerns and offer added security. If anyone is interested, please send me a private message.

Thank you!

ascottj
OK.... I'll do it.

Wait.... your model MUST BE FEMALE? Sex discrimination..... :11: SEX DISCRIMINATION !!!....Where's my lawyer ???????

H2Andy.... will you take my case ????

Most interesting responses indeed. It would seem that many of those who took the time to reply have either been burned on this board or simply soaked in too many negative nitrogen bubbles. :wink: After years of traveling with people, I have learned to avoid numerous potentially conflicting issues. One of the easiest to address is a person's marital status.

Bottom line, it would have to be an extraordinary situation for me to travel with a married woman without her husband present. Traveling, diving and working in remote areas can be challenging enough without the need to worry about relationship items or even the appearance of impropriety. In addition, space and the unique nature of the assignments are limiting factors in terms of the number of people who can go along. Thus, a single female model usually does not introduce possible relationship distractions nor require an added space for a spouse.

Thank you to those who have responded privately. If anyone else wishes to reply, I will try to check this site once per day before my next trip. As I mentioned previously, for those who seem to be a good fit, you will be given references, including editors, to verify my credentials.

This will be my last public post on this topic. It makes no sense to either defend or accuse internet personalities, of which I am one at the moment.

Take care,

ascottj

ascottj:
Bottom line, it would have to be an extraordinary situation for me to travel with a married woman without her husband present. Traveling, diving and working in remote areas can be challenging enough without the need to worry about relationship items or even the appearance of impropriety.
ascottj:
Pretty good line... Hey guys.... let's start using THIS one !!!! :eyebrow:

ascottj:
negative nitrogen bubbles

No such thing! :wink: Its all good if you know how to use it...

Nitro Martini... Shaken AND Stirred

:jump013:

any mention of living accomodations once there? Separate rooms? eh?

I keep thinking of that model who was killed in the desert @ 10 yrs ago... she was on a "modeling assignment".

Sorry, sounds too good to be true, and from what I've seen of the modeling world, there's always more pretty girls than work, so a model "shortage" doesn't compute.

My 2 cents.

OK, he did have a polite and profesional comeback. I guess we all see to many stalkers on line.

Oh My Gawd, you people?!

His offer was quite professional, and he backed it up...
Of course, I will provide qualified, prospective models with a list of personal and professional references, published articles and imagery in order to ease any concerns and offer added security.

yeah, if it's a professional offer for a professional relationship, what difference does it make if the model is married or not?
You serious? It's challenging enough to work with a woman; worse to work with a woman and her husband's and family's demands, too.

They have to be single!! I am married but I can go and my hunny never has a problem with it. I am currently working on DM so the trip would give me extra experience!!
A DM should know that instructions are not just ideas...
If anyone is interested, please send me a private message.
A model does have to pay attention and follow instructions, which is incongruent with being female. I admire his courage.

And his subsequent post was very professional...
Most interesting responses indeed. It would seem that many of those who took the time to reply have either been burned on this board or simply soaked in too many negative nitrogen bubbles. After years of traveling with people, I have learned to avoid numerous potentially conflicting issues. One of the easiest to address is a person's marital status.

Bottom line, it would have to be an extraordinary situation for me to travel with a married woman without her husband present. Traveling, diving and working in remote areas can be challenging enough without the need to worry about relationship items or even the appearance of impropriety. In addition, space and the unique nature of the assignments are limiting factors in terms of the number of people who can go along. Thus, a single female model usually does not introduce possible relationship distractions nor require an added space for a spouse.

Thank you to those who have responded privately. If anyone else wishes to reply, I will try to check this site once per day before my next trip. As I mentioned previously, for those who seem to be a good fit, you will be given references, including editors, to verify my credentials.

This will be my last public post on this topic. It makes no sense to either defend or accuse internet personalities, of which I am one at the moment.

Take care,

ascottj

I wish him the best, and hope he'll give SB another chance. A ligitiment offer for the chance of a lifetime trip, and you give jeers. Super, guys! :cut:

Oh yes - if you know how to run a Google Search, do so on him. :D

There are "physically attractive" women everywhere!

Ever been on a liveaboard?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom