Wanted: Female model for upcoming trips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon:
You serious? It's challenging enough to work with a woman; worse to work with a woman and her husband's and family's demands, too.
A model does have to pay attention and follow instructions, which is incongruent with being female.

Wow, what's up with the female-bashing there, Don? Talk about impolite.

actually, Don, talk to anyone who's taught much of anything, and they'll tell you that
women are much better than men at following directions

i have observed this in teaching college, and in participating in diving and motorcycle
classes... go figure

Thank you Andy - I appreciate that and I know the other ladies of the Board do too.

Becky

Gawd, I hate it when I screw up a valid arguement with nonsense.

Sorry, ladies! My jokes were out of line.

I'll sure be glad when my earache is over. :dunce:

I'm interested in what you wrote. however, I am 41 and can attach pics.. I am a fitness instructor/personal trainer, firefighter.. I have the entire month of November off.. let me know.. Regards,
Dinah
fitdiver2003@yahoo.ca

ascottj:
Hello Divers,

I hope this is right forum to post this message. I am a photojournalist who specializes in travel adventure imagery and articles. Over the years, I have worked with a variety of publications (Skin Diver, Scuba Diving, Alert Diver, Maxim and others), organizations and recognized personalities around the world.

Due to conflicting schedules with models I normally use, I currently have an opportunity for someone to join me during an assignment to Papau New Guinea towards the end of October. The woman would have to pay her own airfare and incidentals, but the short stay at the resort and ten day liveaboard charter would be covered. It would be a great opportunity to experience some of the best diving in the world.

I am looking for a mature, single, female diver, who has good diving skills and is between the ages of 27 to 40. The person would need to be physically attractive (publication & advertiser requirement), enjoy diving/traveling and hopefully have an energetic, fun personality.

Of course, I will provide qualified, prospective models with a list of personal and professional references, published articles and imagery in order to ease any concerns and offer added security. If anyone is interested, please send me a private message.

Thank you!

ascottj

Daina:
I'm interested in what you wrote. however, I am 41 and can attach pics.. I am a fitness instructor/personal trainer, firefighter.. I have the entire month of November off.. let me know.. Regards,
Dinah
fitdiver2003@yahoo.ca
Uh, he mentioned that you need to PM him. Doubt that he'll be back in this thread.

My only point on this thread is the original poster should of at least put his name at the bottom and a link ot some examples of his work.

In this day and age of there are many horror stories of women that met guys off the net and were never heard of again.

I'm not saying that this is the case however a more credable signature would of made me pass up posting this message as that was the first thing that caught my eye and made me take note.

Over the past 15 years I have had the pleasure of hostin many many writers for various dive magazines including Skindiver,Rodales Sport Diver Dive Training etc and it is pretty normal for them to be travelling with a model especially the independant writers and photographers as they also used the opprotunity to do extra work on location for other projects.

So any single women out there that want to go diving jump on the chance but do your homework to confirm the credability of the writer photographer and double check with the publication they are writing to confirm they are on assignement for the magazine.

On a last note for good looking single women

I'M AVAILABLE ;-)

Gaz Cooper
www.DiveBelize.com

My opinion (as I was receiving so many PM''s for me to chirp in) LOL..

Seriously...what woman wouldn't go with a photographer, to be a MODEL on a DIVE TRIP, with SOME GUY..who feels that it complicates matters when she's in a relationship?

If this guy were legit...he sure as heck wouldn't need to advertise on the INTERNET....no gals at the LDS? Dive sites? No friends? Roomates? Friends roomates? No one in this guys entire city will go with him? No one? Cmon.....

And for the gal whose hunny won't mind....did you actually ask him? I don't know too many husbands who are ecstatic about their wives going on a "modelling trip with a guy I've never met and I have no modelling experience and we'll be gone for a couple of weeks and you can't come". I dunno...

Reminds me of the time I was totally suckered by a chance to "swim with the beluga's*" at the local aquarium.

*after 6 months of volunteering to clean out the sealion poop in the sealion tank, divers MAY be eligible to dive with the belugas or maybe not...depends. But we need free tank cleaning!

If it sounds too good to be true, it is. Sealion poop in your dive gear is really, really gross.

My only point on this thread is the original poster should of at least put his name at the bottom and a link ot some examples of his work.
I thought he expalined himself pretty well on his Introduction in that forum, and here - where he offered to do so by PM.

He had a very short time to replace a model, had already exhausted existing sources, and was referenced here. He had also been warned that he might get some ridiculing posts, like so many above, so he purdently did not expand his exposure to ridicule.

He did give me his name, references and links to his work via PM, by the way. I didn't qualify for the position, but tried to help him out with the imature behavior he experienced here. Anyway, his credentials seemed impressive, and could have been checked out easily. Unfortunately,
(1) He got too much BS for a professional in a hurry; and
(2) The few that showed an interest here apparently had not bothered to read his request to inqure by PM only.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom