Wanted: Liveaboard Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TravisD.... that looks like a fantastic trip with lots of fun for divers and non-divers. The video is a hoot. (that's Southern lingo for really funny!) :D:D Thanks for posting! I have gotta say that I would take a non-diver on that trip.

vladimir - I know what you mean about most liveaboards but if you check out the Aquacat videos you will see that they do lots of shore activities that could keep a non-diver interested. Plus I just think the Caribbean is much calmer water, especially on a "cat" boat, so not so much of an issue with seasickness. :shakehead:

robin:D

Thanks Robin - Yeah, the boat was a blast. It's definitely NOT for the non-diver who wants to spend all their time "doing stuff" that's not boat-related. There's no shopping trips or night clubs for sure :) If your idea of a perfect surface interval is hanging out, napping, watching movies, reading, etc though it's PERFECT.

I did manage to get seasick once on the trip. During the "crossing" to the Eluteras the seas were rough, and for some reason I thought it was a good idea to go stand on the dive deck instead of staying closer to the middle of the boat. Other than that, no problem.

Surprisingly I don't think that anyone decided to take a kayak out or go snorkeling. It was certainly available though -- they were practically pleading with us to take them up on offers to take the SeaDog out for some more excursions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom