Washington Lakes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba-Stu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone dive any of the lakes in washington (besides lake washington)? If so what did you think? where did ya go?

Anyone dive any of the lakes in washington (besides lake washington)? If so what did you think? where did ya go?

I have had a lot of experience diving in Washington lakes, especially in King County. I have recovered bodies and evidence in most of the lakes and rivers in King County. I think I had a body count of 200+ body recoveries in the lakes, rivers and Puget Sound as a PS diver, for the King County Sheriff's Department.

What did I think? Most of the lakes are spring fed and cold! Visibility, is usually poor in the majority of the lakes. My deepest dive looking for a body was in Lake Chelan at 220 ft. We didn't find the body. :popcorn:

I was in Lake Crescent just a couple weeks ago.

We were there to see the Warren car (at about 170 feet) and Steele car (at about 195 feet).

I thought it was awesome! Best vis I've ever seen in cold water ...

CIMG7438.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

We dove Mowich Lake on Mt Rainier over the last 2 summers. Vis is amazing but nothing to really see in the lake except a few golf balls and a couple of trees. No real fish and the lake is about 38 degrees, even in August.

We were there to see the Warren car (at about 170 feet) and Steele car (at about 195 feet).

Hey Bob, I just read an article about those two cars plunging into the lake. Do you have any pictures of them? It's outside of the range I dive but I'm curious about what they look like now.

We were at Crescent lake a few weeks ago too, but it was just a fun dive to rinse the gear after doing Salt Creek. Vis sure is good there. We didn't find a car but did see some daisies growing underwater... :14:

glenn

Attachments

• underwater_daisies.JPG
    underwater_daisies.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 111

I thought it was awesome! Best vis I've ever seen in cold water ...

CIMG7438.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Cool anyone seen The Warrens DVD? Dan from NWSD was part of the team that made the dvd and also filmed the Warren car, very cool footage. I own it and watched it like 3 times. Check out www.dcsfilms.com for some really cool vids and pics of wrecks.

Incredible shots as always bob. I can't wait to go there once I finish my tech classes. Im assuming you own that Xtras scooter. I really like the Extras but I like the dual handle of the Gavin. What have you experiences been like? Any advice?

Any decent lake diving over on the East side?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom